Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this really work

I had to read it three times myself :rolleyes

2 x 333mg tabs (666mg), 3 times a day (= 1998mg)

Comment

Does this really work

Hey Bacchus, I'm taking topa, at 100mg, a day. Have been for 5 mo, seems to be working for me! Believe me I've tried evrything else...

Comment

Does this really work

thank you all, your all great

Gareth

Comment

Does this really work

Gareth,
          Hadenuf is right. I have been on it a few weeks. It is 2 333mg tablets 3 times a day. Please keep in mind what Kate said as well. Campral is for moderation.

Good luck!

Marcie

Comment

Does this really work

Marcie Honey I am sure you meant to say that campral is for abstinence and you are just a bit tired from all you have been through today.

Donna

Comment

Does this really work

Thanks Donna for that. You're right just a little out of it. I guess the valium hasn't worn off all the way, :lol

Comment

Does this really work

Can you tell me if i should take the tablets before I stop i.e. a week, or just start them am, and stop that day

Comment

Does this really work

You should be abstinent for a few days before starting Campral.

Comment

Does this really work

campral

I tried Campral (333mg: 2 tabs three times a day) about a year and a half ago. It works well if you want to abstain. As an experiment, I drank two glasses of wine on it--everything seemed okay until the next morning when I had one of the most vicious headaches of my life. Side effects include itching, which seems to go away, nausea and vomiting. The last two I did not experience. However, one of the rarest side effects of Campral is to cause hypothyroidism (reduced or absent thyroid hormone). This did happen to me and it was hell. I went into acute hypothyroidism over about two weeks--exhaustion, depression, 20 lb. weight gain w/o the food or drink to explain it. I went off the Campral. It took another eight months to figure out what had happened since my thyroid tests weren't way out of whack. Finally went to an endocrinologist who agreed with me. I'm on thyroid hormone, and back to normal, and for a few days now, back on Campral. I should say that I think I was "subclinically" hypothyroid for years--that is, not bad enough to warrant medication. Also there is a lot of endocrine disease in my family--hypothyroidism, Addison's disease, rare tumors etc. So, what happened to me probably shouldn't happen to most, and except for that, the Campral does work. Only for abstention, though.

Also, I haven't started the program yet--just ordered the stuff, and am intending to stop the Campral and start naltrexone instead of the topa--as I really don't need (does anybody?) the mental side effects.

Comment

Working...
                    X