Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another rock bottom

Hiya Macks...

Sorry I am just now seeing this. With me; I have been out of town and had such a structured lifestyle the last two weeks, that I am so exhausted by the time I would "normally" check in. But when I read the General Discussion, or other threads, I tend to feel left out (just my poor pitiful me personality!), so I think, What the heck?

But I am realizing that the more I have structure in my life, as well as accountability (my husband travels more than he is home), that I am fine as long as he is here with me. I still want to drink, but the minute he says "lets go to bed" (and that is in a very go-to-sleep way) that I am okay. I just need that accountability. That's where I really lost control, was where I was in a place in my life where I lost everything that mattered the most to me, and I turned to alcohol instead of what I should have.

I admire you for putting your family first in this battle!

Allie
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Another rock bottom

A cure factor for me was when I just told myself NO arguing with the husbandif I had even one drink. I only drink around him every month or so (he's a non-drinker and doesn't want to go out very often)...but I make a STRONG effort to NOT get confrontational (the rare times that we do go out}. We very rarely go out which was really boring at first, but I think it has contributed to a lasting relationship). Hang in there. It's really not about the alcohol. It's about general satisfaction in life. Keep busy doing anything that makes you happy that doesn't involve alcohol. Have a movie night with the wife and kids. Order a pizza, pull out every spare blanket, and just hang out. Don't allow yourself to get bored and angry. Just do it, and then go to sleep. You'll be so proud of yourself in the morning. Good luck!

Julie

Comment

Another rock bottom

Macks - My thoughts and prayers are with you and maybe it would be a good idea to sign on once a day, I know I do and it helps me out ALOT!!

Gabby - thank you for your message, it really concluded what I was thinking after I first read Macks and some other people's threads about wanting to abstain to moderation and realizing in the end that they can't drink in moderation. I really appreciated your advice, thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Janet
        AF Day 13
        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Another rock bottom

Macks...I love you.........:h :l
          Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Another rock bottom

If it's what I think it is, Lisa sent Macks a post and if I am correct, wow that is soooo sweet. Macks, you are a lucky guy and please keep us posted on your progress. I don't know you well enough, but I do know that you and your wife share a special love for one another and I wish you all the luck and happiness you two deserve.

Big hugs,
            Janet
            AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
            X