Clear All

"Mothers and Drinking" on the Oprah Show

Re: Maybe we should write Oprah!

I think it's an excellent idea!

Comment

So
      We'll have our agent blackberry her agent and ....

Comment

...they can both meet in a dark alley with the other rats, lunch is on me.

Comment

I also saw the show and really disliked it because I could tell the prescription was the 12 step program. I agree that Oprah and the world should know there are programs such as this that offer a more reasonable option.

Comment

I didn't see the show...I've almost cut both shows out because it's always so depressing that I want a drink right then!! Guess Dr. Phil and OP are triggers for me!:lol
            Nancy

Comment

I saw it. Guess what got me was the point of the 12 step program--and Oprah saying how she related to some of the stuff--but Oprah has never gone to a 12 step program for her food addiction that she talks endlessly about. If 12 steps were the haven to addiction why would Oprah not do it?

And the woman at the end from Hazelton! I could have choked her.

Comment

Hey RJ why don't you promote this more , is it because you want to keep it private for us, or is it lack of funding for a big PF firm. I know you respect our privacy and I certainly wouldn't not be the one to go TV to talk about it (that's you job!). I know eveyone was talking in jest before but I like it small and for people to find in on their own or by word of mouth.

It's going to grow on its own and by the publicity of the drugs when they get FDA approval for alcoholism, like Topa and Baclofen and others haven't yet (which is why so many of the members are paying so much money for these drugs).

Patty

Comment

Working...
                X