Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Dr. PHil CBS 8 EDT Wed 5/24 - Escaping Addiction

Oops

I meant to say I will NOW step off my soap box........

Comment

Re: Oops

I agree with you, Doymojo. I used to really respect and enjoy Oprah years ago but she has somehow ... degenerated. Yes, she very definitely does do a LOT of good in this world for many, many people. But somehow, it plays false - as if she is looking for the recognition of the deed - somehow it cannot go anonymously. Whatever. The weight thing, they are paying her for a book about dragging a wagon of lard across the stage? And how many years ago was THAT?

And did she and Steadman ever get married?

AND she did actually give Gayle King (a former anchor in my neck of the woods) $1,000,000 as her best friend.

Comment

Gayle

Please. She has given Gayle probably waaaaay more than that. I often tell my best friend to hurry up and get famous so I can ride her coat tails. Gayle has it pretty darn good. I can only imagine how much she gets paid to be in charge of her magazine. And actually I have to say I am glad I not liking her as much as I used to because her show used to be a HUGE drinking trigger for me. 4:00 used to be a sacred hour for me but now not so much.......Molly

Comment

Oprah and Dr Phil

I don't understand why so many people (mainly women I think) worship Dr Phil and Oprah. They go to their shows and scream and clap and whoop as if The Messiah himself (herself?) has walked into the room. Then..... if there happens to be a little gift, ie a book promoting the said Messiah or Messiahess, well... Multiple Orgasms all round.

As somebody once said ... pulleeeeeeze!

Comment

Re: Oprah and Dr Phil

Annie,
            :rollin :rollin :rollin

Comment

Re: Oprah and Dr Phil

As a fairly traditional therapist, you can probably imagine what my opinion is of Dr. Phil. Does >: describe it? And just forget the self-satisfied smile on the cover of all his books! >: >: And the whole enmeshed family now in the Dr. Phil corporation! At any rate, I will say, however, that Dr. Phil has brought the concept of therapy and treatment into many living rooms across the United States (and Oprah started him on it). I will admit that I am grateful that there are many people out there that are now getting help who would not otherwise be doing so, because Dr. Phil has been out there saying, "Get a life! Get therapy!"

I will relate an endearing story, as well. I once had a very tough, macho guy come into therapy who had a lot of problems. He was clearly embarrassed to be there, but he definitely wanted help. I was puzzled, because people like him don't usually come for therapy, and when I asked him what made him decide to seek treatment, he replied, "Well, if Tony Soprano can do it, so can I!" True story! He only stayed about 6 months, but he did pretty well and did make some good changes!

Moral: Ya never know!

HUgs,
              Kathy

Comment

Re: Oprah

Hi all,
                I know this thread was critical of Oprah/Dr Phil. This is neither to criticize nor recommend, but just FYI -- Thursday's show is about women (mostly moms) and drinking. I've seen it before, but it might be worth checking out for newbies. Some of those videotapes really make you think.

CS

Comment

Oprah

If anyone is out there, Oprah is about women/moms with drinking problems. I've seen it before, but may be helpful for newbies.

CS

Comment

Working...
                  X