My daughter has autism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter has autism

Dear Patty - sorry we lost touch in the chat room. You'll be in my thoughts. The other folks who have added to this thread seem to me to have some very wise advice. AND like them, I'd like to say it's not your fault.

Hopefully it is very mild or perhaps something else entirely. And if not, as RJ said, you'll be able to handle it given time.

Best and hugs
    Cathy

Comment

My daughter has autism

Hi Patty,

Sorry I wasn't on chat yesterday - went and fell asleep!
      Hope things a bit less chaotic today. Columbia sounds good - that's a research hospital. There is LOTS of info at NICHD website - google "autism NICHD." I did today and couldn't finish reading there is so much.

Maybe talk later on chat -
      Pansy

Comment

My daughter has autism

Patty,

I have been away a few days. I know I don't reply much. Quite shy actually. Love & prayers to you but I really feel all is going to be well with your little girl & you & your husband. One way I know is that I have read some of your posts & you are a remarkably strong & wise young woman & wonderful mother & within mothers comes a resilence and hidden power to do what is right for their children especially in times of crisis. And so you will. Even though it is scary.

I remember when my daughter was very sick & the counselor looked at me & said "this is not your fault"..and so very wise counsel Mom to Mom from RJ & others.

And just thought of this... God must be watching over you to bring you to the board at this time in your life to receive such marvelous input from other mothers (& Dads) having gone through the same problem and professionals who know about it & give such good direction.

I feel you are in good hands. And I am also very happy you have such a good hubby.

Love & Prayers,
        Chrysa

Comment

My daughter has autism

I'm so sorry - you must get a second opinion - thinking of you. XX

Comment

My daughter has autism

thank you to all of you - getting ready for week two of a long week of "being on the horn" getting things done" Hope you all had a nice holiday, Patty

Comment

My daughter has autism

I have been thinking about you after our chat on line, and been wondering if anything is new on the homefront with your baby girl?
              Miss Layla

Comment

Working...
              X