X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Re: Drinking Alone

Hey Raphael,

You can get to know a LOT of people by reading all the general discussion posts and the "just starting out" ones, maybe you should start there. I didn't buy anything from this site except the book and the cds. I bought the vitamins a little at a time at the health food store but they really are helpful with alcohol cravings. Now that I've been here a while it would have been easier to just get them here but I didn't want to wait anyway.

I'm not sure what you goal is. If you want to stop drinking completely or learn how to moderate (that's what I am doing) but I would advise you go to your doctor and print out the research from this site about whichever drug it is you want so it is covered by your insurance (Campral is for abstinence, Topamax is for moderation and get the book so you understand the dosages). If you live in the states you should not have a problem as long as you have a good doctor or psychiatrist.

All I can tell you is that I have made a lot of friends here and I have only been on here a month and have had coffee with a couple of people already that live in my area and they are really nice people. Everybody is. Haven't met a bad egg yet. Good Luck, Patty PS- I have Rosacea too but no one would ever know!

Comment

New Here

Drinking Alone

Patty,

Thanks for the nice note. I'd probably like to stop drinking entirely, at least for awhile, and see if the rosacea would clear up. I'm not talking to a doctor, or at least one whose bill goes to my insurer, about drinking. If I ever need to purchase individual insurance and medical records show treatment for drinking, I would be out of luck.

Is there a way here to exchange e-mail addresses without posting the address? I'm sure that some times I would like to have a personal correspondence that I'm not interested in the entire community reading.

Comment

New Here

I agree! You ladies expressed the kind of bonding and trusting support that we give to each other perfectly!

PS...Welcome Raphael, give us time to get to know you and you'll find what you need here.

Brandy

Comment

New Here

raphael-
          I just sent you an e-mail. you can get it by going to your "control center". I would be happy to talk with you more privately, but like the others, will be reticent to give much personal information right off the bat. However, would be happy to discuss drinking issues this way. I am new to the program but feel free to write back if you would like.

Comment

New Here

i'm also new and excited but scared

i'm going to try the program. I've got the book and the cds and the vitamins,but not the topamax. Does it really help? I so don't want to go to my doctor. What do you guys think?

Comment

New Here

Re: i'm also new and excited but scared

Hey welcome Caon88, and Raphell (sp?), I'm taking 100mg of topa, and yes ! It's like I have my life back! I never thought this could be possible, it's been almost 6 mo now, and no big slip-ups! Haven't missed a day of work, because of drinking or had to lie or hide & not answer the door... non of that old crap that was becoming "OH sooo familiar". I'm moderating, and have a few glasses of wine after work, or a beer or two when I go kayaking (sometimes, I have it in the cooler & don't even bother opening it!) just bring it, mostly out of habit, when I'm loading the boat I guess!:rollin Husg, Judie

Comment

New Here

Welcome Canon88,

This is a great program if you are ready for change. I would suggest starting your own thread for more response.

hugs,
                Marcie

Comment

New Here

Yes it really works for me too. I haven't been on it as long as Judie, but I too am on 100 mgs. I am having to adjust but absolutely no cravings. I am in my 4th week of the program and so far am very happy with the result. MWO has truly been my way out. Eliziby

Comment

Working...
                  X