Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Pulleeze! These CDs are worthless! Can anyone relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh Pulleeze! This thread is endless!

If you give the Cd's a chance they will work for you! This thread was pretty funny at first, but frankly, let's just give it a rest. Pullleezzee!

Comment

Donna
      The self hynosis is mentioned during the hynosis cd, part 2; where you give yourself suggestions. At the end of that James asks you to think of something that will take you deeper into hynosis. Then he tells you how you can do this yourself by counting from 0 - 20. So you use that to imbed the suggestions but he is also teaching you how to do it on your own. I just use the stream from the subliminal cd as background and it is very relaxing. That way I can give my suggestions for a longer period if I need to as well. Hope that makes sense.
      Donna Mc.

Comment

Ya Know Donna Mc,

I don't really think I do get it, but I really would like to understand this aspect of the cds. I know where James talks about this. You are saying you listen to the subliminal cd as background, and then count from 0-20, and then you have acutually hypnotized yourself with NO help from James at all...without listening to the hypno cd at all. Am I right? And then you give yourself suggestions?

Thanks for your help with this!!

The Other Donna

PS Ya know, my whole life I have never met another "Donna".

Comment

Re: Oh Pulleeze! These CDs are worthless! Can anyone relate

Hi,
          I totally relate. I'm an English major, and I was totally amazed that this "professional" speaks like a robot with the worst diction I've ever heard- everything is "nice" and "pleasant" (Artttttificially stttttressing the ttttt.) For 98 bucks, couldn't he have used a thesaurus? He repeats the same boring word pic over and over and over. I'd like my money back. I couldn't relax because I was so irritated!!

Comment

Andrea,

Did you bother reading any of the other posts in this thread, including the post from RJ, the woman who started this program. I suggest you reread this thread.

Donna

Comment

Re: I have a solution!

Wow, please make new hynotic tapes. I like the idea, but these tapes are REALLY bad, especially for 98 dollars!!:eek

Comment

Never mind. What I wrote was just not nice. Sleep well.|I

Comment

The whole point in "trying not to analyze" is to get your head out of the way so that the SUBLIMINAL messages can get through to your subconscious. While I agree that the production is far from perfect, I think it would be foolish to let that stop you from taking advantage of this very valid tool. If you're distracted by what you perceive as imperfections, why not rise to the challenge - see if you can disengage your conscious brain for as long as it takes to get hypnotized? Then you'll reap the benefits and the other stuff won't matter.

Deirdre

Comment

I personally believe that the concerns that have been voiced regarding these recrordings have been more than adequately addressed! Anyone who has thoroughly read this thread will find information regarding not only the tapes originally designed for this program but information on how to seek other recordings they may find more to their liking. Further more a full refund was also offered, something one who has THOROUGHLY read this thread would also be aware of!

May we please move on?!

Donna

Comment

My two cents worth and a question.

I think the point about not analysing is the real one. Like a lot of you I have been put off by the mispronunciations and the imagery of the stairs etc. But ... that I see as my problem ... really it is my problem for not being able to focus on what I should be doing because of my inexperience and really undisciplined mind.

So I am perservering ... trying to go beyond the words to the imagery. Really, really hard for me because I am more of an "audio" than a "visual" person. But I am perservering, coz I truly believe this will be the best tool in my armoury.

Comment

Okay, I too must jump in - let's move on

Ms. Jewell was kind enough to reply and will consider remixing. Whether I liked the pronunciation or not, I am not considering asking for a refund. The rest of the CDs have been ... adequate. The more I listen, the used to I it I get which others pointed out and seems to be true, so please keep trying, as I did.

I only have two more (rhetorical) questions. Then a "Joke": and let's continue the "joke" on another thread. I'll post it in the humor section. Okay, RHETORICAL ONLY: do any English speakers say pedoolum? We in the Northeast say pendJEWlum. Second, I don't think a bunch of heavy drinkers really need to visualize two or three of ourselves - most of us already have!

Please all, enough said. Now on to the humor (I hope you will take it as humor - it is NOT meant to be offensive).

Thanks all.
                        Rock

Comment

Re: Okay, I too must jump in - let's move on

Well said Rock, Thank you! Moving On!

Donna

Comment

Hi,
                            Yes, I read the thread. I am totally open to hypnotic tapes; plus I like what was said on the thread; however, James does have some definite problems with his tapes that must be addressed.Sorry. This is the truth. Someone needs to address this truth. It is easy to tell anybody, "Hey, this is great."
                            But when an issue is just not up to par... it's hard to confront. Why can't someone just suggest to James that he work with a linguistic coach and literary coach (for the imagery)? I'm sure he is making plenty of money and can afford the help. He seems to really desire to influence people in a positive way. I respect that and hope he can be humble enough to change.

Comment

Wow, I think your reply is very arrogant. I wasn't trying to be mean in my reply, just honest. Yes, I did BOTHER to read the thread. I'm not an idiot, as you imply....James really does mispronounce words and that is irritating to more than just me. Sorry. 98 dollars is a lot for a single mother and I expect more!!>:

Comment

Wow! Glad to hear I am not alone in my negative view of the CD's I felt I would scream if i had to decend one more BEAUTIFUL "set" of stairs!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X