Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Pulleeze! These CDs are worthless! Can anyone relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The work out thing

Oooooh yeah, Kathy! And I'm totally thrilled (and embarrassed) to say that what I thought were hot flashes were actually alcohol sweats! Even my menopausal self feels pretty darn good these days!

Keep on keepin' on, alla y'all....
    susan

Comment

Re: LOL

Hi Martian. I had to write and say, whoa. Don't give me so much credit. I screwed up big time Friday night and Saturday and just getting back on the program (with mod) this Sunday night. I gotten in the blackout state from too much stress about a situation with my daughter (grown - 22). I was in the chat room friday night and never even remembered to turn it off till this AM. My daughter and I have become estranged, partly because of my drinking, partly because she's been getting some bad advice from my ex-husband and her fiance's fundamentalist Christian parents. NOW ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ALL FUNDAMENTALISTS. Let me just say that these people are incredibly judgemental and though my girl and their boy have been together for 7 years, and are working their own stuff out, and I am proud of both of them, when these folk interfere, it is with malice. I knew my daughter was coming to visit me this weekend for the long Memorial day weekend and I totally freaked out very badly under the pressure.

On the plus side, I was able to pull myself together and spent a lovely day with both of them (the kids - not the parents) but THEN the father decided to bring the son back after a round of golf, during which my daughter and I had a delightful and refreshing and reconnecting afternoon. I was so grateful for the time we spent together rebuilding our relationship. It was unfortunate, though, that DAD decided to come over and he has little patience and now while glad my daughter and I had the time together, I'm drinking my chard now because he caused her and I and even his son to have all these guilt feelings about rush rush rush. He was not sposed to be part of the picture. And things really did go well.

So the point of this ramble is I am still trying to get my house in order, as well. Best of luck with your move and starting a new job - you'll be in my thoughts - those are both incredibly stressful things but if you can find the time and resources (during a move it is difficult to get connected to a computer) -- try to stay with us and we will try to help ... everyone in chat on Friday told me to pour the bottle down the sink , but I did not listen and I knew they were right, and I paid. Best and hugs and good luck Cathy

Comment

Ah, Cathy, we ARE so good at not listening, aren't we??? The important thing is that you are here and continuing to learn!

I'm so glad that your time with your daughter went well and that you were able to pull yourself together so that you could have that time with her. As far as for the rest, well, you are clearly continuing to try, and that will prove to be the important thing over the long haul. I am confident that this weekend is just a blip on the screen for you in the long haul regarding your drinking.

All the best to you as you continue your journey.

Hugs,
        Kathy

Comment

Thanks, Kathy - I really appreciate the kind words of support. I too am hoping it is a blip because I really feel much more relaxed now that we had great visit. She even emailed me last night that she felt the same way which was great.

Next time someone tells me to pour it down the sink I'll listen - or at least try harder :b
          Cathy

Comment

Working...
          X