Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoia

Re: paranoia

I haven't told anyone at all... even a close friend. I think if I didn't have here to talk I'd need to talk to someone but this does the business for me I think I probably won't tell anyone - maybe months or years down the line when I'm looking years younger, full of energy and the joys of spring ) and enjoying life to the full - it definately is too short - who knows.

Anyway - Two days not drinking!!!! (Nearly went to the shop to get some milk but knew I'd get some vino - so decided to do without!) Don't know where that came from - I haven't even started the program yet - still waiting for a few things to come - this week hopefully as I have my topa sitting there hidden in the cupboard waiting for me.....

Comment

Paranoia

Hi Ter,

Glad to see you back on the boards! When I first saw this post last week I wanted to respond but felt like I could not give an objective opinion due to a personal situation. However, after thinking about it over the weekend my feelings are still the same.

I honestly don't think I could be MORE honest with myself than I am being right now about my drinking. I will admit that it did take along time for me to have that f2f talk with myself in the mirror and it was not at all a pleasent conversation, but I have been, and am quite honest with myself about where I am with this issue and where I need to go. I guess what I am saying is that I personally don't need to, nor do I want to, tell my family or most of my friends about this. It is something I care to handle quietly and by myself.

Certainly I can I understand wanting a friend such as "Brenda" to share this with. I am very fortunate in that regard. I do have my walking buddy who started the program the same day I did so we are able to share the ups and downs as they come about. But as for family...NO WAY!! In my case anyway, they are not going to make me be any more honest, and perhaps would help me to be less honest!

At any rate, I do hope it works out that you are able to share this with your ex-co-worker, or someone else you feel comfortable confiding in!

Best to You!

Donna

Comment

Working...
      X