Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilt

Re: NOT a coincidence

Becca that's great that your run benefits cancer as well! I sent my sister and brother-in-law's first names to your ezbox. I will let them know about this as well.

Thanks so much,
    Marcie

Comment

Guilt

Re: Airport in OH

Marcie,
      Columbus may be the closest airport to Chesapeake/SE Ohio. There may be one in Athens, where Ohio University is, (NOT Ohio State) but it's a pretty rural area down there. Is Chesapeake where your sister and brother-in-law live?

CS

Comment

Guilt

CS,
        Yes she is in Chesapeake. I know it is a pretty rural area. I think she told me at one time its closer to fly into West Virginia. She lives just over the river from WV. I'll have to check with her if I can swing a weekend visit over the summer.

Marcie

Comment

Guilt

Boy, Chesapeake is a tiny little town! i just checked a road atlas, and it looks like there is a little airport near Huntington, WV (border of OH, WV and KY). Hopefully you'll be able to arrange a visit at some point.

Comment

Guilt

Hi Marcie,

Just googling - Green Bay to Columbus OH was about $280, but the date I put in was Friday, May 26 to the 28th. Other airports seemed a lot more expensive - well into the high 400s - probably bc they are so small.

I don't know about how flexible you are, but I have always done well on Priceline. Went from Detroit to Washington once for less than 100 round trip. Might be worth it, if you are flexible in terms of the times you can leave/return.

Hope this works,
            Pansy

Comment

Guilt

Thanks Pansy,
              I wouldn't be able to visit them for a few weeks, I'll have to check on it when I am able to go.

Marcie

Comment

Guilt

Marcie, you are doing the best you can.

Doing internet research is a great start. I am sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. I think you need to remind yourself that this is very much outside of your control - whether you drank or not. Aution is giving some very good advice - please take it to heart. You are not responsible for what happened; us drunks tend to take everything bad that happens to other folk as our personal responsibility. Even if you did communicate with your sister and knew what was happening, there was really nothing you could do to change it except to be there if she needed someone to talk to - and of course you can do that now. Autiopn is really right - you can be there now because of the steps you have taken to take of yourself. And we all know that the MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN TAKING CARE OF OTHERS is taking of yourself first. This is one of the first things you learn from so=called professionals in the field and I believe it to be true. If you are not healthy yourself you cannot take care of your sister. BUT you are taking care of yourself and can now be of assistance. Dont' be afraid based on past experiences and perhaps expect a little scepticism (sp?) but hang in there and your sister WILL accept your help if you do not become overbearing or all of a sudden on the scene when you have not been. I amsure you have good common sense; all your posts that I have read prove that so be patient and forbearing.

Young at Heart also makes some very good points so take heart and feel better.

And what a wonderful story from Allie - so take heart, dont' give up and dont' blame yourself.

best
                Cathy

Comment

Guilt

Re: Marcie, you are doing the best you can.

Hey Becca and Marcie!

Marcie I hope all is going well and you have been in my thoughts. Becca, I have been off here for a few days (didnt know if you got my EZ mail), but I will EZ mail you my Mom's information. She actually had someone do a run in honor of her for the first time in over 20 years this year. It brought her to tears. This means so much to all of those affected, and I cant imagine what it will do for you too!

Hope to catch up soon,
                  Allie

Comment

Guilt

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts,
                    I ordered a book from amazon about lymphoma and sent my sister one and ordered a copy for myself. I was thinking too little too late when I sent it, however she did say they've already found some useful information in there. Also, thanks to CS's suggestion, I was able to get my sister information about housing that is set up for bone marrow transplant patients through the hospital.

Thanks again!
                    Love and hugs,
                    Marcie

Comment

Working...
                    X