Ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashamed

I ditto them too..Even if she is a great friend her expecatation of this trip is most likely to do what you normally do, and it sounds like she does quite a bit of it without you too. I would hate to see you out yourself in a stressful situation, you should talk to her before you go- you've been doing so well and you don't want to compromise that- Patty

Comment

Ashamed

Hi All: Thank you again for your support. I looked forward to getting home from work and reading all of your replys. Rebecca I failed to say I was sorry to hear about your sister in-law and your husband. I hope they are getting better with each day. In answer to your questions, I called my friend on my way to work and told her I wasn't flying out to LA next Thursday morning. Quite honeslty, she was fine with it. I'm relieved. It sounds like she's relieved.Today also marks her 3rd day of calling out sick. I'm very concerned. As for the type of friendship...It really is hard to answer. In many ways, I'm the big sister. I do a lot of thinking for her and help her with a great deal of advise. I'n some ways we both enable each other by saying things will be okay..In most part, she is a drinking buddy. Together we act like a set of teenage friends, out doing eachother by saying and doing goofy things. I'm glad I canceled. Time to walk my pup!

Comment

Ashamed

Yay, Reenie! Time to look out for yourself, and let little sis grow up!

Hugs,
        Kathy

Comment

Ashamed

Yes, sounds like that was definitely the right choice, Reenie!
          Plan something nice for yourself instead. Maybe a getaway only needs to be as far away as a nice trip to the spa...
          take care!

Comment

Ashamed

selfish

renee,

This I have learned about my drinking;
            That drinking is not the root problem, the fact that I am so selfish and self-centered is, I simply drank to feel ok about me.

I read your bit about getting bombed, and pissing the ones you love off, which happens pretty much every time I drink, so I can identify with you. If you go back and read all your postings, you will see that you have talked all about your "feelings". What about thier feelings? If we are one in the same we care about OUR feelings first and foremost and then maybe other peoples. This backs up my experience, we and other alcoholics are simply selfish and self-centered, and unless we change this WAY OF THINKING the vicious cycle of getting "bombed" and saying sorry will never cease.

Comment

Ashamed

Re: selfish

Lakecountry, at first I was a litte taken back by your post. Yet, when I re-read all of mine, and then re-read your's I understand what you mean. Point well taken.

Comment

Working...
              X