Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Communtiy - Problems 5 weeks into MWO

Hey Marcie,

I'm just glad you're back doing what you need to do, kiddo! It's so good to have you back again, going strong! Sober Marcie is one hell of a woman!

Love Ya Lots!
    Kathy

Comment

Marcie,

When is your biopsy and is Hep C reversible? Or is it that you just won't do any further damage if you abtain?

To New to Community- good luck and I hope it resolves itself quickly. I am on Campral and have had no side effects and haven't drank for 11 days.

Patty

Comment

Big DITTO on that one Kathy!!!

Comment

Thanks Kathy and Donna! I feel much better now that sober Marcie is around too

Patty, there is no cure for HepC. It is like cancer. If treatment is successful the HepC is no longer active(remission). The type of HepC I have has an 80% success rate of treatment. If that is successful then the hepC won't be damaging my liver any more unless it comes back. Hopefully(I'm not sure that term fits!), I will have a biopsy in the fall. Not something I'm looking forward to having a needle stuck into my liver so they can have a sample. However, it is something that has to be done in order to see how much damage has been done.

Great job on 11 days. You should be feeling pretty good about yourself!

Marcie

Comment

I'm on the liver bandwagon too my doc said normal liver enzymes are 9 to 34 and mine were 104, I was still drinking then, I get tested again June 1st. Very sobering to see the damage alcohol can do. If the results don't improve dramatically, I get the needle too !

Dug

Comment

Hey Winelover,

Sorry not to acknowledge you the first time around, welcome to MWO! Listen to Marcie, she knows the drill really well! I'm sorry about your joint problems. Sounds pretty horrific. I'm sorry that I have nothing more to offer than sympathy and prayers at this point. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

Kathy

Comment

Geez Dug,

I didn't know that. I really hope that does't happen!

Donna

Comment

To tell the truth, I was drawn to this program because of the moderation option but it appears that may not be a healthy goal for me. I am so disappointed.... I love my wine almost as much as my golf. (Family is first). So I will work toward abs. Thanks for the input on the fatigue factor Nina, I'll talk to my Dr about switching to Campral or Naltrexone. If I can get back to feeling good and being active again, I'll have more energy to fight this "battle". I hope your liver enzymes drop like rocks Dug so you can avoid the needle. Even with this knowledge, I had 2 glasses of wine last night. How long have you been following MWO and have you been able to go abs yet?

Even though I've been working the program for 5 weeks, I discovered the website only a few days ago. It is a Godsend to find kind, knowledgeable, non-judgemental and supportive people like you to lean on. I knew I was not alone but I sure felt alone. Maybe one day I can join your ranks to lift others up rather than be a drag.

Comment

You're not a drag, Winelover. It's just the process. As new people come in, they are helped, and as they get more experienced they helped the newer people who come in. It will just take some time. I'm glad that you found us, and it sounds like your thinking is really progressing. Sometimes it takes a little time for your drinking behavior to catch up with your thinking! Hang in there! You are on the right path, and you are listening to good people!

Hugs,
                    Kathy

Comment

Winelover,
                      Kathy is right, you are just starting this program. I 'started' the program back in December. I didn't put enough effort into it and slipped big time for a couple months. I started again May 1st and have been abs since then. Let me tell you, now that I am focused on doing this, it has gotten much easier. I make sure I take all the supps every day. I listed to the CD's, not as much as I should, but I do listen. The only thing I really have been slacking on is the exercise.

I was drawn to this program becuase of the moderation aspect as well. However I know that it is not an option for me at this time. It is recommed in the book to be abs for a period of time before you attempt moderation.

It sounds like you are making some progress, keep up the good work!

Marcie

Comment

Winelover,

I mirror everything Kathy and Marcie just said. You are on the right path. Stay with with us, you are doing great! Tell me something, I am so curious! You mentioned that you have been on the program for 5 weeks, but only discovered this site a few days ago. How then, did you hear about the program to begin with? I never would have known about the program, had I not found the site?

Donna

Comment

It's been some time ago but I think I actually did find out about MWO by searching the web. But after ordering the book and tapes (Nov-Dec 2005) I never looked at the website again til recently. I see there have been some significant updates to the supplements and then of course the community is a big find.

I skipped the wine last night. Might be my imagination but think I feel a little better this morning so I am headed to the golf course to enjoy this glorious day. Have a good one.

Comment

Great job last night winelover. It probably isn't your imagination that you feel better today, you body is thanking you. Remember how good you felt this morning when you think about drinking today. One day at a time.

Marcie

Comment

That is great advice Marcie and I know you have lived it first hand. I did it again last night - no wine. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Great job 2 days in a row without wine. You are off to a great start. How are you feeling this morning?

Marcie

Comment

Working...
                                X