Newbie here and think I may need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GayAries - Wow!! That had to be scary as hell! Thank you for sharing your story. You just never know how many people you may have already helped just by having the courage to share your experience.

I wish you the very best of luck. You will get out of this site whatever you put into it. I know I'm repeating others, but read alot of the posts. And you post anytime you need to vent and post when you can brag about your accomplishments!! I look forward to seeing those from you soon!!

We are here for you.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Another newbie! Join the club! :welcome:
      I have not had the really bad experience you had, and I hope I never do! Just reading about it was scary enough.
      I'm new, and don't have a lot of advise; I will tell you that from my pint of view, the people on this site are the greatest support group I have ever found. I can come on here anytime, and find posts to read and people in the chat room, I use that as something to do instead of mixing another drink.
      Good Luck! Stay Strong!
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Welcome

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

:welcome: Welcome GA!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Welcome GA!

Read and post often, this place is a treasure!

K
            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Wow..Thankyou so much everyone and a big Ty to Victory for ur PM!
              I actually had 4 beers after I had posted here yesterday and felt guilty and somewhat ashamed that I had them the 2nd day after my experience..but then I felt a bit relieved that I didnt have more. This I have done at times and I think my reasons for going overboard in the last few weeks or so is me trying to numb myself from my neverending thoughts and worry..Does that make sense? So what Im going to try is to only have a few beers 3 times a week for now. I already take Vit B complex,iron and ginko. I dont thik I want to abstain completely at this stage. And I DEF will not be drinking anymore Mezcal or any type of spirits.

Thankyou all again..I was very overwhelmed.

Comment

Hi GayAries and Welcome! You have to do what you think is best for you and having a few beers 3 times a week would be an incredible start, just have to stick to it. If you havent had hard alcohol in three years (congrats, thats great!) then along with the beer and not eating, can understand why it hit you that hard. Tequila...oh my. That shit is dangerous....

I'm wondering if we need to come up with a new abbreviation. Instead of AF or MOD, maybe we need to include DF for Drunk Free, because this is definately a goal!!! So, here is wishing you DF!
                This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Sounds like a plan GayAries - a good place to start. Please keep reading on this site and seriously think about downloading RJ's book. It is very inexpensive and is well worth reading.

Glad you are feeling better.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

:welcome: GayAries so glad to have you aboard.

This place is invaluable. Case in point: I have 12 of the last 13 days AF, something I haven't done or even thought possible for YEARS. So sorry you ended up in the hospital but glad your friends were there and glad you didn't wake up in jail like I did. Stick with us and you will gain strength, do whatever it takes to take care of yourself, we're all right here with you. You've gotten excellent advice so far, please use it to help yourself.

On drinking beer, then alcohol, here's a little poem we used to recite when I was a bartender:

Beer before liquor, you've never been sicker.
                    Liquor before beer, you're in the clear!

Just something for everyone to keep in mind if you do drink.

Hope you have a wonderful AF (or at least DF lol) day and hope to see you posting often. :l

Comment

Welcome GA!

Good to hear you've put a plan together. If you're interested in supplements, I have found L-glutamine and kudzu to be very helpful. Check out the 'holistic healing' section of the forums if you want to learn more.

pixie
                      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Thankyou all so much. I am having a few beers atm but not going overboard.

Im angry atm as I have found out that one friend that helped me that night wanted to find my house keys and go thru my home and take whatever as I wouldnt know or remember!!!
                        I know it isnt someone lying to cause trouble as I had lent this girl money and she actually told me that she was going to say that she gave me that money the night i went to hospital cause I wouldnt remember..I dont know why she went like that..I have done alot for her family etc..
                        OHHH..My mind just wont stop atm..going round and round..I dont know what to believe or what to do..

Anyway I will work it out I guess.

Once again..Thankyou all..have never experienced a group like this b4 and is much appreciated.

Comment

Hey there,

A big welcome from me too. Congrats on the progress, don't let small minded people put you back to square one. push on and stay focused we are here for you. Lots of Aussie here, hang in there PM me anytime if you feel like it. Cheers Kimbo
                          Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Working...
                          X