blackout/passout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackout/passout?

It's funny. Blackouts are one of the common things we share in this special club. My husband has never had one. I know he and my kids look down on my for mine. My oldest daughter would start asking me 20 questions the next day just to confirm the fact that I was drinking. She would start off very vague, almost reeling me in and then she would go in for the kill and ask me a direct question that I could not answer. The countless feelings of shame is just not worth it. So I am really really trying to moderate. I have done really good for 2 weeks. Haven't been drunk once. Most I have had at one time is 3 glasses. I just don't feel like I have control because I still sneak just in case I decide to have more.
    But back to the blackouts. I have done everything from the classic goofy funny stuff to crying my eyes out, to screaming at my husband telling him I hate him, to trying to have a conversation with my kids who probably hate me because they know I am drunk and I have no idea what I am doing. I have gotten 2 DUIs (thankfully a while ago) I have ran my car into a light pole going full speed (that one didn't get a DUI because the police never showed up, my husband came and picked me up and called the police, they did the report over the phone....wow, talk about a miracle)
    I NEVER WANT TO BLACK OUT AGAIN. It is to humilitating.
    :hCheryl

Comment

blackout/passout?

My oldest daughter would start asking me 20 questions the next day just to confirm the fact that I was drinking. She would start off very vague, almost reeling me in and then she would go in for the kill and ask me a direct question that I could not answer.
      My daughter must've been to your house. She used to do the exact same thing! It was awful, awful, awful. And one night when I thought I was okay, she poured out her entire life story to me and I didn't remember one thing! That is still mentioned every so often. I feel your humiliation!!
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

blackout/passout?

kids!

All kids do it!! It's their little way of feeling somewhat in control instead of just feeling helpless. I've been AF for 8 days now and my son (middle aged by the way) keeps stealing slidelong, funny looks at me, that he thinks I don't notice.:h

Comment

Working...
        X