The benefits of being AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The benefits of being AF

Ok i think that i've been abducted by aliens, I woke up this morning and said to myself 'I feel like an AF spell' Mentioned it to Mr B and he said, thats a good idea we will start tomorrow....

I went the bath and thought why tomorrow, why not today!!!!! Even if hubby drinks tonight I don't want to, and just saying that feels really good!!!! Got my supps out and started taking them .........

Anyway I am already looking forward to feeling brighter in the morning, even though I have some sleepless nights to come first......

When I was AF I actually did housework before work, now I go bleary eyed in the morning.

What else can we look forward to when being AF, I know that there are others trying too .............
    sigpicXXX

The benefits of being AF

Hi BB,

On day 19, I'm starting to feel benefits. For one thing I sleep through the entire night. I wake up truly rested and ready to tackle all the basic things like housework, job whatever.

My husband and stepson are happier. I don't fall asleep at 8 pm so I can have dinner with them and discuss the day. We do the dishes together and maybe play a board game.

My memory is returning. I don't have to write myself lists of what I've done at work so I can remember what I still need to do.

I'm interested in the things I used to feel passion for, like cookbooks and travelling and spirituality.

I don't have to panic trying to plan the opportunities to drink. That's the best part so far. Coming home and not having to try to subtly come up with places to go that have alcohol. And once I have a drink, feeling anxiety about how I'll get my husband to agree to drink more when we get home. It's such a vicious cycle. Day in and day out.

I'm so glad you decided on today! I'm living proof that you don't have to necessarily have the conviction of wanting to stop as long as you have the motivation. Motivation is more important! Tomorrow doesn't exist yet but today is here.

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Always, yes the plotting, aaarghhh ............

T, are you going for day one today too???????
      sigpicXXX

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Thanks for starting this Betty Boop. find myself increasing the drink as well and need a little nudge to try AF again. Would feel so much better about myself. Not even sure what I'm afraid of when it comes to AF.

Count me in

Comment

The benefits of being AF

hi there..bb...good luck you can do this
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Betty -we started here around the same time and you joined the mods route....I say "my hats off to you!" with going the AF route.

The benefits-Can I say I now find sooo much more to do to fill in my days and weekends. I have more energy, my head is clearer and I'm more willing to try more things. My skin looks younger, my make-up doesn't look like a clown did it (LOL-I remember being hungover just putting make up on half ass) and I try new hair styles. This year we got a new dog. I'm not afraid to make plans for fear alcohol will get in the way. Geesh I can go on & on.

Betty I wish you & Mr Boop a happy AF journey. Attached files [img]/converted_files/459325=3435-attachment.gif[/img]
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

The benefits of being AF

BB, congrats on your decision - especially the "why not start now?" part.

In addition to the fact that for me, even ONE drink leads immediately to months more, I can relate to each and every thing that Always said!

Breez;292093 wrote: This year we got a new dog.
              Breez, of course I had to congratulation you on your new dog!! I'd love to hear more about that! Mean time....on this:

I'm not afraid to make plans for fear alcohol will get in the way.
              I understand what you are saying. I will admit that for me, it was more like "I was not going to make life plans for fear they would get in the way of my alcohol." - how pathetic is that!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Alwayswishing, Loved your post. I recall that about cigarettes. Do I have any, do I have a lighter, can I smoke in a particular setting, on and on and on. It was so tiring, so time consuming. So is alcohol. Which is why I am at this site. I want to set myself free.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Hi Betty, good to see you over on the Abs thread today!!! For me after only 19 days of being a non-drinker I have become a different person. This is a new stage of my life and I'm loving every minute of it. I am more confident with people, I am enjoying my work, I am getting more done at home, I'm sleeping soundly, I am a nicer person (so my husband tells me!!!), I am remembering my Dad with love and happy memories instead of the sadness and grief of losing him, I am exercising and loving it, I am much more positive....I could go on and on!!!! I've tried the mods route and all I can say is I didn't feel like this. Welcome aboard!! Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

The benefits of being AF

ALready had my first test, we went shopping and got to the wine aisle, I told hubby that I was ok if he wanted wine and he said that we could make it our last night drinking, I hovered for a split second thinking ....... well we could start tomorrow .......... but then I remembered you guys here so we didn't buy any .............

Thanks everyone for your continued support ........
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Good job BB! I am on a AF spree too and it really helps with self-esteem. Continued success!

Comment

The benefits of being AF

greeneyes;292097 wrote: Alwayswishing, Loved your post. I recall that about cigarettes. Do I have any, do I have a lighter, can I smoke in a particular setting, on and on and on. It was so tiring, so time consuming. So is alcohol. Which is why I am at this site. I want to set myself free.
                        MAN I'm with you there! (1 year nicotine free here) Talk about a ball and chain..

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

The benefits of being AF

Hi Betty! I have been going af during the week and mods on weekends, and sleeping well is the first benefit, waking up, right when I wake up I stop to think, how do I feel, oh yeah, I did not drink last night, I feel good! Like it takes a moment to remember that. Clear headed mornings are beautiful. Doing a good job at work is great, being able to pursue other interests, all of that is very positive for me. Say hey to Mr. Boop and tell him great for supporting you in this.
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

The benefits of being AF

BB, amazing walking past that wine!!!! Congrats on your good decision, its not easy. And like you, I'm feeling like a little AF spree too today. I want to wake up and hear the birds sings and not the singing in my own head saying "oh shit". So, hon, I'm with ya!!! It's Sunday, guess I will detox at work, lol....
                            This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

The benefits of being AF

I know the local liquor store is hurting by now LOL and also I can put out my recycling bins with out having to try and hide all the bottles. I can only imagine what that worker who empties them was thinking when he got to my house! Glad that's over and done with!!
                              Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                              Watch this and find out....
                              http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Working...
                              X