Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Friday

Today's thought is:

Grief may be a pathway to our deepest connections.

People often say, "I don't want to burden you with my troubles, you have enough to worry about." Yet sharing our troubles with our partner or close friends lightens our burden and restores our balance. Telling someone our experiences and how we feel about them helps us find and create the meaning that lurks behind them, even though they at first seem only crazy and random. Sharing with others pulls us out of isolation and brings our friends and mate into the circle of our lives.

We may be surprised to feel the knots in our stomachs loosen when we tell our stories and recount our worries or grief. Grief may make us feel more alone than anything. But it may also be a pathway for our deepest connection with each other. When we reach out and talk with our friends or mate, we break down the wall of isolation and build bridges that connect us.

Tell your partner about any grief you carry today.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Today's Thought - Friday

Finally! I 've been sitting here tapping my foot, waiting, Noelle. :H I did that yesterday. I told former hubby (we are close friends) everything. And it was grief. Grief over the loss of myself, who I used to be.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Today's Thought - Friday

Good Morning!

So simple when you see it on paper. But so complex when we try to put it in practice. My hub and I had a heart to heart last night. About his greif over the fact that I did not stop drinking when I knew it was so important to him.

I tried very hard not to be defensive and say, "You don't understand". I listened and took away with me his feelings of grief. Putting myself in his position, I can honestly say that I am surprised that he is still with me. Especially with all the other stressors we have had in our life.

I laid in bed last night, and didn't sleep until after 2:30 AM. I realize how selfish and self involved I have been, not seeing what was happening the the relationships around me. Or maybe not wanting to see. It was arrogant of me to think that because I am not drinking recently and am going to Lenair, that all will be fine now.

It appears that this is when the real work will begin. I told my husband that the only way that I can work at repairing the harm that I have done, is to be sober, centered and live my life day to day with more regard and value to my personal relationship with him and everyone else. This is when my "One day at a time", begins.

I hope it is not too little, too late. What ever happens, I will keep in mind that the rest of my life will be 100% better, regardless of the outcome of my personal relationship. I will try, and try like I have never done before. I pray it is enough.

This post is right on, " sharing with others pulls us out of isolation and brings our friends and mate into the circle of our lives." I appreciate my MWO friends listening to my deep-down feelings of grief!

:h Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Today's Thought - Friday

Well said Noelle... The utmost compliment you can give with a spouse or close family/friend is to share your grieving feelings. Exposing yourself in this manner is the ultimate way of showing them that you trust them with your heart and soul. Thank-You for this. xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Today's Thought - Friday

my partner is no longer here its 13 years now . i dont think grief really ends you are just left with the feeling of abscence .
          hapy easter im not a religoius person , well not in the coventional sense of the word . but ive always felt this time of the year is about ressuraction and rebirth
          and that is a hopeful statement where ever our personal spirit lives inside us

Comment

Today's Thought - Friday

Well said, Jay!

Happy Easter to you, too!

:h Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
            X