For those on antabuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those on antabuse

Hello everybody. I just wanted to mention something to all the people taking antabuse. I don't know if your doc mentioned it, but my doc said I should keep a card in my wallet that states I'm taking it. I completely forgot to do this. He said it is good to have it on me in case anything happens. I don't understand actually. Maybe there are drugs or procedures that can be problematic while on antabuse. Has anybody else heard this? Just wanted to throw it out there.

I just thought while typing this. Perhaps if somebody does drink alcohol intentionally, or unintentionally, the information will be on you. I'm guessing people on certain medications have to carry something with them?
    where does this go?

For those on antabuse

Excellent info Morrison, great idea to do that, what if your drink was spiked or you took a drink of someone else's by accident and no one knew why you were having the reactions..... scary thought.

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

For those on antabuse

It's a good idea to find out ASAP.

I read something a little scary about naltrexone recently. I guess if you are taking it, you need to carry a medical card notifying people of this. Why? I guess it blocks the effects of all opiates. So, for instance, what if you were in an accident and needed emergency surgery, with drugs etc. So I didn't read too much further because I am not taking it, but clearly something doctors would need to be aware of.

Comment

For those on antabuse

Antabuse implant stops alcoholism in it's tracks!

I had an antabuse implant 4 years ago, tested it at 9 months, within 2 minutes, I had the worst hangover ever. Never did drink again. if anybody wants more info, go to

ANTABUSEIMPLANT.COM

Comment

For those on antabuse

Thank you for the Reminder!!

Morrison,

My hubby was (and will be again, I hope) a nursing student.

When I mentioned I was going to take Antabuse, he asked that I get a medical ID bracelet or necklace.

Why? Because so many drugs and wipe downs used during Emergency treatment, i.e. car accidents, etc, contain alcohol.

Ordering a necklace today -- I don't trust that they would look in my wallet before treating me, especially being female since if it was a car accident the wallet may not be easily found.

Again, thanks for the reminder!!

Love ya!
          Cindi

ps I am going to copy and post this on the Antabuse Thread, too!!
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

For those on antabuse

Where do you get the necklace?? Maybe I'll get one too and make a card and put it behind my drivers license. Also I ate alot of hot sauce this morning and have had a headache all day. Maybe a reaction from the vinegar, but I had vinegar before with no problem. Maybe it was the kind of vinegar they used. I dont get many headaches. bird

Comment

For those on antabuse

Here's one place I found.....lots of pictures at the bottom.

Medical ID Bracelets Emerg Alert? Bracelets Jewelry Medical Necklaces Children Adults - Free ID medical card

I googled "medical alert bracelets" and lots of sites came up. Good luck!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
              X