Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little anxiety... trying to stay in the here and now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on Day 4... feeling a little anxiety this morning... figuring it's either A. not handling the same amount of coffee AF or B. My head is beginning to clear.

I was obsessing about old memories and other things... so realized I need to back to the here and now...

Anyone else experience that?

BTW, I am getting ready for a job interview and have 3 more this week!!
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Well, I always feel a lot of anxiety when I'm getting ready for a job interview. I've actually been to to a few after I drank a couple of beers because I was so nervous. BTW - didn't get those jobs...big surprise, huh?

You are doing the right thing for yourself. Just remember that. Just take same deep relaxing breaths. Really deep. These are not just words, actually do it. I swear, it really does help.

Try to eat something lite if you haven't already. No amount of caffiene is good on an empty stomach.

Keep up the good work. You are doing great. And it will only get better if you keep at it.
    Just stay focused on your goals. ODAT.

Good luck!

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I have MAD dreams when im af,which i am at the moment. Good luck with the interviews

Comment

Job interviews...

Well it's funny.. because I haven't had anxiety about job interviews in years...

This is something else.. probably the caffeine.. and the brain seeing things a little differently through what's left of the fog.. lol..

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.

Comment

It's the caffeine.....it's used to being filtered through the alcohol!

Good luck on the interview!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Hi Palatia,

Yep, probably the caffeine, but also I think that the swells of anxiety are a side affect from not self medicating with alcohol. We are learning new coping skills. Extra B vitamins help as does calms forte and Bach Flower remedies. And......don't forget to breathe!

Best of Luck on your interview!!

Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Palatia;297898 wrote: Well it's funny.. because I haven't had anxiety about job interviews in years...

This is something else.. probably the caffeine.. and the brain seeing things a little differently through what's left of the fog.. lol..
              Palatia if you can go without caffeine, just tea like green tea. this will help the anxiety as well as cravings.
              remember your body is detoxing and is very sensitive, hence the anxiety.
              water water it helps flush out the bad stuff. I am serious it really does work to drink huge amounts of water.
              the more you pee the more the nasty toxins go bye bye.

You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Palatia;297885 wrote: I'm on Day 4... feeling a little anxiety this morning... figuring it's either A. not handling the same amount of coffee AF or B. My head is beginning to clear.
                C: It's AL needing his fix. Day 4-5 was not fun for me, full of all sorts of adjustments both physically and mentally. About now your body is beginning to realize you are serious about abstinence and it's not liking it one bit. Plus I believe the numbing effect of alcohol is wearing off and you are "feeling" your senses in a much different clear way or as you said your head is beginning to clear! Hang in there, it gets much easier and you are just getting to the fun days of good sleep and sunshiny mornings.

Good luck with the interview!!
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Yuppers... good to know...:thanks:

I spent half a day getting ready incl. driving 20 mi each way and the interview.. to find out it's an MLM..

At least I look better than last week... lol... :H

(was nice to get out of here on a pretty day too... )

Comment

What's MLM?
                    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

MLM = multi level marketing.. like Amway or Prepaid Legal.. basically selling and recruiting..

Comment

I think MLM is Multi-Level Marketing company (kind of like the pyramid schemes, but legal?)...

Congrats Palatia- I'm getting ready to sign off, but I see you are still here.... stay strong. :h
                        Just get through tonight AF.... tomorrow will be another day to deal with. Hot water with fresh lemon will help, tonight, too.... you will love yourself even more tomorrow if you manage AF tonight!

Much love:heart:

Patty
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

Palatia... I just read what you wrote on another thread, where your son simply said, "I'm proud of you"... awesome. So inspirational to focus on what's truly important.

There was a self help course that I took that preached,
                          Keep the Main Thing, the Main Thing. :l
                          He is your main thing.... not Al.

Goodnight :heart:

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                          X