Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Wednesday

Today's thought is:

I look in the mirror through the eyes of the child that was me.
    --Judy Collins

The child within each of us is fragile, but very much alive, and she interprets our experiences before we are even conscious of them. It is our child who may fear new places, unfamiliar people, and strange situations. Our child needs nurturing, the kind she may not have received in the past. We can take her hand, coax her along, let her know she won't be abandoned. No new place, unfamiliar person, or strange situation need overwhelm her.

It's quite amazing the strength that comes to us when we nurture ourselves, when we acknowledge the scared child within and hold her, making her secure. We face nothing alone. Together, we can face anything.

I will take care of my child today and won't abandon her to face, alone, any of the experiences the day may bring.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

hey Noelle,

i really enjoyed reading that...before my counsellor got sick we were doing inner child work -the biggest lesson i learnt from it was to nuture your inner child no matter what. So thank you for reminding me again.

:thanks:
    I am the author of my life.

Comment

Oh Yes, my inner child is needing nurturing also, thanks for the reminder, I should take her hand and take her out to play. I'll do it today.

Comment

I too agree with you about having a child within that has spent too much time feeling alone. It is now time to take care of her and help her to to have positive experiences. Thank-You for this thought today xxx and a

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Thank you for the thought, Noelle. I too worked with my therapist on this, but needed reminding! My inner child really doesn't want to be at work today. It's nice outside.

Have a good one!

Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X