Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see BBC4's Tony Hancock programme last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello UK-ers!

Any one see this last night? 90 minutes of very good drama (with no commercials! Like the 'old days' of drama!) about Tony Hancock's affair with John Le Mesurier's wife...and his descent into final death through alcohol.....and all the tragedies and awfulness of it all....and his desperate insecurity...and people's support and people's enabling...and bribing...and all the 'stuff' that goes on.....

It was called, "Hancock and Joan" if you can see it on a repeat thing....'i-player' or whatever...?

I certainly saw it through different eyes to how I would have done this time last year...and it was 'sobering' viewing.... I thought it was so sad to see the 'reasons' behind so much of his drinking...the insecurities, 'calming' his anxieties...that vicious circle, the moods, the press, the public.... And how quickly it can all go so, so, so terribly wrong....

Anyone got any comments if they saw it?

PS. Just why did I see an advert at the top of this earlier for free delivery of cheap Courvoisier brandy in the UK.....?!?!?!?!? Here? On this site?!?
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Hi Fondling my Sheep!!

I missed it the other night as was watching a program about cannabis on BBC 3 called "Should I Smoke Dope?". Hancock and Joan is being repeated tonight at 10.30 on BBC 4 so will watch it tonight!!!. i've heard Tony Hancock's decent into alcoholism mentioned on many occasions but I've never really read or watched anything more in depth. I believe his story is very depressing!!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
    X