Tis the Season: My Political Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that whoever is in office next won't be changing anything in Iraq real soon... They've all said that.

But if we leave Iraq, we're allowing terrorists (yes, terrorists) to run rampant over there where Iraq is their main stomping grounds right now, if you haven't heard.

I dont' know who I'll vote for, but it won't really make a big difference for quite a while anyway...

hehe... enjoyed your rant Cap, even though I'm an American.. I love my country, as all people should, but we can't keep the wool over our eyes as to the realities of the world..

Now, that's all I'll say about politics :P

Captnjack;299729 wrote: HI Guys/ America

Waving from down below at you> And look around guys to the left, above you to the right and left of you. Other nations that think they have the best values, political system individual rights ect all waving flags too. I feel for Croft as a parent having a son in a strange land and in constant danger the constant worry would do me in she is obviously a very strong person. And I commend her for having the guts to talk about your countries political situation why is this taboo her sons wellbeing depends on the outcome of who you choose. What is it with the US latley ???? Such a great country leaders like king kennedy lincon truman> Your current leader is like something out of a hollywood movie. "bring it on" "smokem out"> I despair. Please tone down the patriot greatest country on the earth thing its sounds like the kids at school ie "MY dads car is better than yours " My mom gives a birdy better than yours".

Sorry "America the best" you should have a look out the window youre not top of the class. I can feel the bullets ready to fly at me but shit this all comes down to a mothers son. I wish crofts son a safe return home to his mum.

Sorry for the rant Ill scurry off to the far away magic tree now and bed down with the fairies as my daughter wishes OH for a better world.

All the best cap
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Just for the record, the Terrorists are more rampant in Afganistan and Iran.......we are in the midst of a Civil War, not a war against Al Qaeda. There is terror in Iraq, but the real problems for the US are not there.

Pulling out of Iraq safely, will take time, to do. But, something has to be done. It is obsene that our young American men are serving 2 and 3 tours of duty over there. Families are being torn apart, etc.
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I have to second that Kate - enough is enough
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

Amen Kate !!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I dont see what was so uncivilized about Janes post. Funny how its just fine to say whatever you want about George W, as long as its negative. Matter of fact, the nastier it is, the better its accepted seems to be the norm. Anything less than throwing rose pedals at the feet of the Liberal darlings like Bill or Obama and people bust out the torches and pitch forks. Lol HELL of a deal.

Well you Liberals will have your day in the sun, I don't think McCain will beat whomever the Dems serve up. I'm a proud Republican just to be clear, but I'm extremley dissappionted, even embarassed by the way this administration has handled, well, pretty much everything. I'm not going to vote this time around either, I think all 3 candidates are garbage. Maybe instead of resurrecting Bhutto we can bring Saddam back. Good ol uncle Saddam. He was a gr8 guy, right? Had health care for everyone, no WMD's, and most of everyone seems to think he should still be in power so why not?

Comment

Believe: if someone criticizes the Bush administration, that actually does not translate into being a fan of a murderous thug who gassed his own people and wishing he was back in power

Comment

I know Dexter but if taking Uncle Saddam out of power was such a terrible thing to do then Uncle Saddam MUST have been a great guy, right? Wasn't Iraq a veritable Utopia of gold lined streets, top-notch education, universal health care, rape chambers? Theres no way Chemical Ali used WMD's to gas those pesky Kurds either. So thats my point. Bush can do no right, but everyone else is cut some slack somewhere along the line.

And before anyone accuses me of being a mindless Bush following zombie, I'm not. I did vote for him last time around. I'm the first to admit though that he's turning out to be a huge fuck up. I know thats an understatement but thats the best I can do to describe him based on his performance.

My WHOLE point here is that fair is fair. No attack on Bush can be virulent enough it seems, so if someone has some less than flowery comments about someone other than Bush I don't think they should be put down upon. People who shout from the reafters that dissent is the highest form of patriotism shouldn't be so offended when someone goes against their particular grain.

Comment

Believe, whichever administration is in power is at the head of the line for criticism. Whoever's in power is the punching bag. I used to work at a newspaper and I saw how political cartoons targeted who was in power, first the Clinton administration, then the Bush administration. Everybody agrees Saddam was vile. nobody is saying he should still be in power. But there are a number of hideous, murdering dictators who have done equally awful things that we don't go after. I think it's the fact that people felt that the facts before going to war were manipulated. When an administration has been in power for eight years, there is no way in hell it is not going to be the subject of some harsh criticism. People are naturally going to criticize a current administration that got us into a nasty war . and I know Bill C is a nasty horndog who can't keep his pecker in his pants, and yes he lied and was sleazy. but I care more about our boys, like Croft's son, than I care about Bill's horny escapades!!

Comment

Ben Stein for President!!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thanks Cindi :l:l

Comment

I'm still for Lewis and Springer.
                        Lewis can be the socially upstanding person.
                        Springer can go "creeping" for the girl in the blue dress.
                        Everyone can be happy. :nutso:

Cap'n, you are on-the-mark when you politely chastise us Americans, because we are very Imperialistic....
                        RJ must NOT be an American politician,:happyheart: because if she was, the name of this website would be
                        "My Way Or The Highway!"
                        Political opinions are like assholes...we all have them. I'm from a large family, and out of 7 kids raised in the same home, 4 are Democrats and 3 are Republicans. Two of us played in the sandbox, but my younger brother served about a year ago in Iraq. My brother was bitten by more sand fleas than me, so if we ever talk about Iraq, he "wins"....

No matter what ... my most favorite song is Toby Keith's "American Soldier", and every time I hear it, I snap to attention and wail at the top of my voice.... . So, in honor of all soldiers worldwide, I offer a snippet:

And I will always do my duty no matter what the price
                        I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
                        Oh, and I don't want to die for you
                        But if dyin's asked of me
                        I'll bear that cross with honor
                        'Cause freedom don't come free

I'm an American soldier, an American
                        Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand
                        When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right
                        I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight
                        American soldier, I'm an American soldier.

I'm wishing for a Toby dream tonight. urgirl:zwink:

Patty
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

BEN STEIN FOR PRESIDENT

CINDI FOR VICE-PRESIDENT!!!!

:h:h:h
                          formerly known as bak310

Comment

dexterhead;300117 wrote: Believe, whichever administration is in power is at the head of the line for criticism. Whoever's in power is the punching bag. I used to work at a newspaper and I saw how political cartoons targeted who was in power, first the Clinton administration, then the Bush administration. Everybody agrees Saddam was vile. nobody is saying he should still be in power. But there are a number of hideous, murdering dictators who have done equally awful things that we don't go after. I think it's the fact that people felt that the facts before going to war were manipulated. When an administration has been in power for eight years, there is no way in hell it is not going to be the subject of some harsh criticism. People are naturally going to criticize a current administration that got us into a nasty war . and I know Bill C is a nasty horndog who can't keep his pecker in his pants, and yes he lied and was sleazy. but I care more about our boys, like Croft's son, than I care about Bill's horny escapades!!
                            Good point Dexter, VERY well written. You're right of course. Well, to say the war is wrong seems to say that uncle Saddam should still be in power..but I digress. My whole point was that if its ok to say Bush is a moron, it should be ok to say Bill C is a nasty horndog, even though to your point, the consequences of Bush's numerous blunders by far outweigh those of Clintons escapades. Fairs fair.

Gr8 post though, damn.

Comment

i think it is wonderful that this post created so much chatter. It is great that we all have opinions and are paying attention. We should be paying attenion and we should care. If we don't the politicians will run away with our country. I just heard today that the people from Europe are coming here on vacation to shop becuase it is CHEAP.

And, this post was orinally an endorsement for Benazir's book. She is my new Super Hero. Although I am still voting for the best option to get my son back home. Single issue voter this year.

Comment

I am sorry if what I said got you riled up, Believe. I am pretty sure I never said that it was ok to trash Bush but it was wrong to trash the Clintons. I was just voicing my distaste over the negative post, when I believed that everyone else that responded was very respectful and civilized.
                                E

Comment

Working...
                                X