What's it like .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it like .....

I was just thinking the last few days... what I had wanted to search for in the search engines the night before I found this forum was...

What's it like to not be addicted to anything... ?

That's what I intended to type in when I found you here, but I typed in quitting drinking instead...

I was trying to imagine what it's like to not be addicted to anything... !! Anything!! That thought made me even more determined to hopefully get rid of mine...

Imagining getting up each day and getting through with no thought of needing anything but food and water... and love.

Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this thread is a little self-indulgent but I just wanted to share that...
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

What's it like .....

Not self-indulgent at all... I'm sure everyone here wants to feel that way.

I do wonder how did I feel before I got addicted. What was it like to be able to go places; socialize; enjoy activities without needing a drink to do it?

This all started in my early 30s.

You're not alone, P. Enquiring minds want to know. I'm sure the long-termers will pipe in and we can live vicariously through them until we reach that blessed place :H

Good thread

Comment

What's it like .....

I would love to know what it's like to not have this constant obsession about drinking??? Lots and lots of people don't wake up in the morning thinking about it, go about their day thinking about it, plan for it, hide it, live their lives around it, so yea I guess I would love to know how that feels and what it would be like and just how to get rid of it - or once addicted to ever really get rid of it or just learn to live with it?
      when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

What's it like .....

poohbear;300016 wrote: I would love to know what it's like to not have this constant obsession about drinking??? Lots and lots of people don't wake up in the morning thinking about it, go about their day thinking about it, plan for it, hide it, live their lives around it, so yea I guess I would love to know how that feels and what it would be like and just how to get rid of it - or once addicted to ever really get rid of it or just learn to live with it?
        Precisely... once you begin your rehab treatment, Pooh, and I start my DUI school, maybe that will help us to learn.

We're all in this together, P... you are SO not alone.

Comment

Working...
        X