Small Victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Victories

Yesterday I posted that I was on day 6 AF and was going to a neighborhood party and that I was worried that everyone would notice that I was not drinking and that it would be an issue.
    I know that some of them noticed but nobody said anything. I had SO much fun and it was nice to have a clear head to hold conversations. I was worried that I would not think of anything to say and that I would be boring.
    I had NO desire to drink (thank gawd) and at first felt a little awkward but I had a fantastic time. For the first time in my life I did not feel like I was missing out on something. I hope the feeling lasts.
    I am on day 7 which is a record for me. It dawned on me this morning that I have been drinking steadily for the past 25 years, that is over half my life!
    Gosh I feel so powerful today. No guilt. No hangover. Amen.
    ~Laura

Insanity
    : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Small Victories

Wonderful...know how you feel Laurav. we can be productive fun persons without alcohol, i found that out and have had some very good times now too.. happy for you! :cat:

Comment

Small Victories

Laura, that's awesome. Good for you! Keep up the great work.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Small Victories

Laurav;301065 wrote: Yesterday I posted that I was on day 6 AF and was going to a neighborhood party and that I was worried that everyone would notice that I was not drinking and that it would be an issue.
        I know that some of them noticed but nobody said anything. I had SO much fun and it was nice to have a clear head to hold conversations. I was worried that I would not think of anything to say and that I would be boring.
        I had NO desire to drink (thank gawd) and at first felt a little awkward but I had a fantastic time. For the first time in my life I did not feel like I was missing out on something. I hope the feeling lasts.
        I am on day 7 which is a record for me. It dawned on me this morning that I have been drinking steadily for the past 25 years, that is over half my life!
        Gosh I feel so powerful today. No guilt. No hangover. Amen.
        Woohoo!!! wtg laura... Isn't it amazing how we can actually enjoy something more because we're NOT drinking/hungover etc.... Love your signature btw..

:goodjob:
        P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
        - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Small Victories

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and kind words.
          I wanted to make this post to give hope those who may be like me. Afraid that they will not have any fun, feel left out, etc. if they are not drinking.
          Sh!t, if I can do it, anyone can.
          xxoo
          ~Laura

Insanity
          : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Small Victories

Laura...I would call that a huge victory!!!.....Way to go!
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Small Victories

Congratulations!! Ain't it cool being sober? So now you need to remember that feeling for the next time. Wow! WTG!!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
              X