Don't you see this is all wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java, I too hope you remembered that you joined and do join us again.

I agree with you to a certain point. People do have the choice to drink or not. But that choice can be more difficult for others because they have a chemical imbalance in their brains. These people are called alcoholics. Welcome to our world.

You don't know me from Eve, but I would like to ask two things of you if I may.

1) Read RJ's book. Educate yourself on what this program is about before your pass judgement. The book can be downloaded and can be read in a few short hours (only 88 pages).

2) There's a thread titled "blackout/passout" - please go read that thread. You will find that the fact that you wake up after a stint with alchohol and not remember things is considered a blackout. This is very serious. This is not a tool so you can keep watching your favorite show over again. And you do need help if this is happening. Please also read the link to the article that is posted in that thread. It's a third party opinion, (not from MWO) and it will further enlighten you to what alcohol does to our bodies.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't feel you have a drinking problem why did you seek out this type of forum? What brought you here?

Can't bulls*&t us, cause we've been there, did that. So please let us help you. We are here for you. Share more about yourself. We can and will help.

Good luck on your journey.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hello Java, welcome to you, if you choose to stay you will feel the warm arms of friendship here very quickly. If not then I hope you post again when you feel more like reaching out. We are a very diverse family here, truly global and tremendously supportive of each other. Yes as was said above we 'squabble' like any family but you will find that anyone one of us in a corner has the whole 'family' at our backs. Please feel free to come back, you may find exactly what you are looking for, I did.

Lx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

LOL Thankful, 'you can't bulls**t us', think it was IAD that said 'we just recognise each other'. SO true, it does take one to know one.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Welcome, Java.

I agree, there is a choice.. It is "do I wish to quit" or "do I wish to continue drinking". It is that simple for us. It has to be. No gray area. We cannot contol our drinking once we start, that is why we are here. Now, there are some folks here that are sucessfully moderate drinkers, and they came here for support to get to that point, so for them there is a choice. They are fortunate. Maybe that is you. But not remembering a tv show is not the standard for a "normal" drinker. IMHO.

I think that if you are up in the middle of the night searching through alcohol treatments (that would be how you found us), then you may have some underlying concerns. I find it hard to believe that you simply got on the computer and decided to find a site to tell us that we had a choice. Nonetheless, we are here to face our problem. We have all "lurked" on this site and probably many others before we were bold enough to admit we had a problem with alcohol. It is tough to admit, for me it was the toughest thing I ever said to myself and to another person. If you so choose, please post again. Maybe give some thought into why you came in the first place. We will not judge, refuse or ridicule you. We are all here to help one another.

I wish you peace.

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Java--

Think about this as well as all of the above.....IT STARTS OUT AS A CHOICE.....
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Java,you're brave!, in a free world you have choice & right to express your views. I do drink, I think it is wrong for people to be offended because of your personal views, which I think is objective & considerate. Please! please! don't leave MWO, it is a great site.
              Do you know who you are?

Comment

Freedom of expression

We should welcome other peoples views, provided it's constructive & objective. No need for abuse of anyone because of their views.People come here for help & support, impacting the sense of objectivity to a drinker's mind should be seen as part of curative therapy.
                Do you know who you are?

Comment

Java if you don't have a drinking peoblem how and why did you find this site? Let alone sign up so you could post?
                  One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Selfish views are part of drinking problems !!

I don't know who Java is, but I'm 100% sure that he/she has the same right as you to be here. We should not continue with selfish attitude, it's not good for those who really wishes to give up drinking

twinsmommy;303626 wrote: Java if you don't have a drinking peoblem how and why did you find this site? Let alone sign up so you could post?
                    Do you know who you are?

Comment

Hmmm.... I think part of being an alcoholic is being defensive. It is part of our nature. So naturally, people will get defensive when posting.

Let's not turn this into a war. Just as you said, prisca, everyone has a right to their opinion, and that is what these people are doing.

If java wants to return - let's not deter her/him with a thread about who is right or who is wrong. Everyone is welcome here.... and most of us came when we were either in denial in some ways about our drinking, or otherwise.

Peace!

Comment

I agree with everything AFM said. Thanks, you saved me a lot of typing as I am lazy today. :h
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

javadlux;303456 wrote: First off, I'm posting here and letting you all know that I have had something to drink tonight. I'm not really drunk by any standard, since I haven't had that much to drink, but I can definitely feel it (although I still have perfect grammar in these forums do I not?). I have only been drunk 4 or 5 times in my life. Getting drunk is your choice!!! It's not a mental illness! A mental illness is depression, or some other imbalance in your mind. I've never thought of alcohol addiction as a mental illness. It's just your choice. I only had a little to drink because I'm watching Frasier and it's so much funnier... I'm almost at the end of the show (season 10 out of 11) and if I watch it with a little alcohol I won't remember it the next day and I can watch it again... Anyways, I just thought I'd let you know you have the choice! Take it!

java
                          I agree with this statement. No one has forced alcohol down our throats to make us sick.

we have done it all ourselves.

we also choose to stop or not.

being drunk is not a mental illness. it is a way to alter our reality.

some people unfortunately end up abusing it and making themselves sick.

:welcome: java maybe you can share your positive experiences with AL.
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I question the motivation of that post... almost seemed like a mockery...

Look at the join date... jeez... Join and then do that!!!????

I'm not so forgiving ... :P

P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
                            X