isnt life about looking outside the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are many people that would say that. there is only one way to do the right thing or his way or her way or the AA way. but in fact it all started with someone writing a book right. now that book has alot of good thing in it , and in fact it has so many stories, the when, the where and the hows. and the same with other books this is the nice thing about reading all of these books. you can come up with your own wayout.see the way i think alcohol has already taken so much away from me. and to come to a understanding that i know i cant drink ever again .and why because i now know what would happen if i did. so now i can live with that. and why i can live with that is easy. the day i woke up.you can say i had an outer body exp. and the first time i read the 12 & 12 it was everything i started on my own. so bye that i mean . i found it in myself with the help of god. to open my eyes and heart to all . not just one book but all of them.
    so when you really think about it.its all possoble to heal yourself and yes i still go to AA meeting.but i just dont follow the steps.but in many ways i am making my own steps and god has show me the way to live with what i know i am and i am alcoholic and learning to live the best for me.
    the way i live my life is good i would say. because i just dont work one program. i work them all. i look at life like a big sand box and i can do anything i want there.i believe in god as my higher power. and now the way i look at eveything in such an awesome way. to understand where it all started .its a great out look .
    because 1 i look at everything as it is . not what you would like it to be.
    2 know how to deal with a problem in the right way.
    3 if someone wants me to do something that i know is not good for .dont do it because i have choice or choose not to do it or choose not to drink there for i wont .
    4 responsiblity to who. me only i am the only one that can really do it for myself
    5 we all know its all there. we just have to really open your eyes and heart and grab it

PS warning you never want to post anything like this on a AA SITE i did and i am what they call a heretic and they said they would hold a box for me when i was ready so lol
    and there were a few that agree with me . oh well books are good
    well everyone have awesome day and night stay sober
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Trieg..
    I'ld rather be looking inside a box....I'll let at that !!!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

that was good T..express your thoughts. i don't always agree with AA, we use whatever it takes to keep sobriety going. what a hell of a ride its been, thats all i can say! :thanks:

Comment

T - I've never been to AA and hate to judge, but how can anyone be upset with a post like that? You've got more patience with people than I do that's for sure! lol

You've definately found your way out! Fantastic job!! I'm very happy for you.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Just take what you need..................... from AA or any other program. What ever works for you.

I had a MANY bad experiences with AA (mainly because I didn't like to listen to the same stories over again, nor pressured into people having my number, etc.)

tlrg - you are doing just fine. Keep posting here, etc....

How is your girlfriend doing by the way???? How are you doing?

Comment

yeah yeah yeah

ye har
            i reached out to the support network but AA was not for me i can not do the God thing and right now not my higher power and yes ya gotta find ya own way :goodjob:
            thank you
            i just need people to tell me i can do it without going to AA meetings
            i just a little support without the God bit

Comment

i love my way out and the good thing is that there are so many ways to learn
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AA can help some....espically the real hard cases.....in & out of Rehab, Jail, etc. It's also good to go to some meetings to share. ( What I don't agree with is the Steps, some of them I do....but going through a regeiment of steps & so forth, well it's not for me. ) I've found a home here...lots of support, no judgments ! and lots of good conversations. Get it where you can get it ! Soberity is a selfesh act ! IAD Hang in thier !
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

great post!

I agree with you tlrgs... each of our quits is unique, just like we are. We need to take what works & leave the rest.
                  I have never gone to AA, but I have recently bought some of their books & have been reading them. Some parts I agree with, and other parts I have a hard time accepting, but that's ok. Between the reading I have done during my sobriety, the people I have talked to, and the strategy I have come up with on my own.... I have compiled a way of thinking that works for me, that will keep me sober today & will be a good foundation for my future years of sobriety.
                  AF 6 years
                  NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
                  X