Heard back from interview...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I heard back from the interview I had last week for a job I ... really really really really really .. wanted. Got an email from the COO saying they offered the position to another candidate and would keep my info.. blah blah blah... Also said I was in the top 3 considered...

I think what makes it even harder, is to know I was that close... Finally that close to a job I would LOVE..

You don't have to tell me that the right thing will come along, or something better will (I seriously doubt that). I just know I'm sad about how this one turned out. I'll get over it.. maybe it's a test. But for tonight I'm going to sulk... not drink, but sulk. Maybe tomorrow I can dust myself off and get back on the job search horse... and someday ride off into the sunset.
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Palatia,

I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you.

I'll spare you all the "chin ups!!!" and all that, I know that's not what you want to hear right now.

Sulk all you want to, you've earned it.

BUT...promise you'll put the energy back into the new search that you put into THIS search. Look how much it did for you! There's no "one" right job for any of us, that includes you. You got [close] this time...you may get even closer next time!

-HopefulNow
    Taking it all in

Comment

sulking is good. drinking is not. Keep up the good work. Bad luck with the job but you never know the other canditates might not take it. Just got news that my father in law has passed away. He has been sick for a long time (chronic alcoholic) and he is 89 so not much of a surprise. I know this sounds really selfish but the problem is everyone in the family will come back to my house after the funeral and wake (piss up probably). Normally I would be delighted with any excuse for a piss up (even a funeral!) but seeing as I am AF for 9 days I am freaking out. How the hell will I be able to do it. I will have to get wine and beers etc in for everybody..... aaagh..... If I can do survive that without drinking I will survive anything..... Anyway sorr P I am posting on your thread.
      Hang in there something will come up.
      BH
      BH

Comment

Sorry to hear that.....I'm a firm believer in that certain things happen for a reason. I won't go into detail-hope you feel better tomorrow.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Palatia:

:dang::dang::dang:

That really sucks!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Palatia, Boozehag is right, maybe the other one won't take it or it won't work out. I was second choice and the #1 gal did not show up. But you take a little time to sulk and regroup and start afresh, what happened yesterday has no bearing on what happens today or tomorrow, it's all new. :h
            Suz
            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I agree with breez. Once I bred my male dog as I wanted a female puppy. One female in litter. Stud owner gets pick of litter. Female owner a lawyer and kept female under pretense of no contract. I was furious - beyond sulking. Much later I found out female had dysfunctional anal gland that required regular vet visits when she scooted smelly arse all over carpet. :H:H And I had a wonderful male from the litter. Call it karma or whatever, but that sure worked out for the best even though I could not see it at the time. Good luck with your continuing job search.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sorry Palatia. I know how it feels and it sucks.

Boozehag...keep your chin up just think how shitty the rest will feel the day after.

Greenie you never cease to amaze me with how far you've come.

Comment

Palatia,

I'm sorry about how you are feeling right now. I can relalte!

Seven years ago I moved to our present location from another state. For the first time in my 25 years of a professional career, while raising 5 kids, I decided I was going to stay home. Relax, enjoy! After 8
                  weeks of that - YUCK!- I decided to look for a "no brainer" job. Something easy. I applied for a position that was near my house, I could have done it with 1 hand tied behind my back. I did, however, get another job- near my house, easy - but - it lead to a Vice Presidents' position, within 13 mos. - making 4 times the money I would have made at the "no brainer"!

We never know what is in the "Grand Plan" for us. Keep the faith!

:h Best
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thanks all... I Do appreciate your input. I decided that there is something I still need to learn, or do... I have been reading articles like crazy for interviewing etc..

It's just I'm desparate for money... have a few orders in with the biz thank god. I should be thankful I have that. I'm not married so it's up to me... However! My son got his first little paycheck yesterday and gave me a third of it... My kids are pretty special people.. my son is showing a lot of maturity lately...

I guess we do need to feel the feelings that come up tho.. we can't hide from them behind a bottle, right? Even if it's just for a little bit, we need to feel them... good, bad, indifferent, whatever they are... feelings are what makes us 'real' ...

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.

Comment

Hi...

Thankyou so much for your supprt. xxxx

Comment

Hey Lucy!!

Just an update.. then this thread can die lol... The Pres of the company sent a beautiful hand written note which I received yesterday... It really was nice...

Marching/trudging/moving on to the next one ...

Comment

Working...
                        X