Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 whole weeks!

Hi guys,
    Well it's five weeks today since i last drank. 35 whole days. Can't believe it, i really can't.
    What a rollercoaster!
    I have been battling with the little voice all week long. "You don't have a problem, look how long you've gone without a drink? Just have a couple"......... "How boring are holidays going to be without a few vodkas? Go on you know you want to"........ "Think of the long hot summer days that are coming up? Sitting outside with a vodka would be so lovely"
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!
    I have been fighting this voice with a big stick since Saturday.
    My Bro in law is staying over and i'm huge mates with him (he's gay by the way) and very theatrical. He also drinks like a fish. He's been trying to win his drinking buddy back also so i've had 2 voices to battle with.
    I am however, winning
    Also this week i have dreamt about vodka every single nite. It's sat on a table, poured into a lovely glass with sparkles and bubbles floating around it. I am staring at it but am frozen to the spot and can't reach it. Then i wake up. All very odd.
    All in all it's been a tough week so far but i have logged on to here at least twice a day and it always always always helps me!
    On a positive note, i can't believe how well i sleep now! I have about 8 1/2 hours deep lovely sleep a night. I love my bed now. Before it was somewhere i went to drunk, somewhere i laid dying with horrific hangovers and somewhere i lay with insomnia inbetween binges. Not now, now me and my bed are great buddies :H
    Hope you're all doing ok,
    I think about you all every day,
    Charlotte xxxx

5 whole weeks!

:good: :wd: :wave: :rays:

WTG vegan!!! I understand your bed being your buddy... mine is mine now too. ..
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

5 whole weeks!

Way to go vegan!!! Do me a favor and tell the vodka to f**k off, would ya?? I've lost 2 friends to THAT a**hole!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

5 whole weeks!

dont underestimate the enemy.

Vegan
        Congratulations on the 5 weeks, you have done really well.
        I'm sure that sleep is not the only thing that is better.
        I managed a spell of 28 weeks last year and every single thing in my life improved.
        However,
        For some unfathomable reason I started to think that it would be OK to take the odd drink now that I had broken the pattern. (drink like normal people do)
        Who was I kidding...
        within about 3 weeks I was right back where I started - drinking myself into blackout mode several times a week.
        Now i am beginning again (day 6) and it is really tough.
        How I wish I had never picked up that first glass of wine
        Never underestimate the enemy - alcohol is a cunning, baffling, oppononent.
        My advice; if you see a bottle of Vodka coming your way - run a bloody mile...
        best of luck
        New.

Comment

5 whole weeks!

Way to go Vegan, 5 weeks is FANTASTIC !!!!! :wd:

Comment

5 whole weeks!

:goodjob:
            well done you are doing well
            l done 40 days last time and had 1 to many:upset:
            so good luck am 31 days now
            there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

5 whole weeks!

Well done Vegan - That's brilliant 35 days - you should be really proud xxxxx

Comment

5 whole weeks!

Good job! Keep up the great work!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/481615=3241-attachment.gif[/img]
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X