Something is seriously wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brett - I'm new here and after reading your post, I feel like there is hope for me.

thanks so much for that.
    SuperBernie

Comment

Thanks 36

You have inspired me and I had a cry. I sooooooo needed to hear what you wrote. I'm on day 2 AF once again. Even 1 day without AL feels so good. I'm sick of being hungover and prentending that I'm not. I want me back!!!! I will keep reading what you just wrote. Congradulations 36. :goodjob:

Comment

Hi Jessie,

sorry to hear about your slip. Those hangovers are bloody terrible aren't they?

You know deep down that you are better off without AL. You will do it.

Stay positive.

Brett.

jessie;320388 wrote: Hi Brett,
        I slipped up badly the last 2 days and was sick as a dog and sick of the whole Al demon. You inspire me.
        Jessie

Comment

Hi time2change,

day 4 is good. only another 361 and it's a year.

I am truly amazed at how well I feel after such a short period of time. I honestly believe that the water and lemon is really helping. Not to mention heaps of cardio and good nutrition. Some days the last thing I feel like is going to the gym, but you feel so good afterwards.

Keep up the great work and be careful of your triggers for drinking.

Cheers

Brett.

time2change;320395 wrote: Congrats Brett.
          I have been there and somhow went back to my old ways, but back to day 4 today and I want to feel what you feel again. Don't ket your guard down. Remember where you came from.

Comment

Hey Mohun,

Thanks mate. You are my inspiration mate!!! I can't believe how well you went last week. I thought that if you can do that, my job is easy.

All my family and friends know that I've wanted to be clean. They have never understood it, but hey that's their problem.

I just feel that I operate at a higher level. If that makes sense.

I remember reading how well you felt at about day 12 and thought to myself that I can't wait to feel like that. Well I'm here and feeling pretty damn good. I'm a better husband, father and person. (if I do say so myself)

Thanks again my friend for all your support.

Hope you are well.

Cheers

Brett.

Mohun;320397 wrote: Fantastic job Brett. 12 days is a great start. The longer you are sober, the more you will wonder why you waited so long to start. If the pressure of friends, family, or co-workers gets strong, come visit this web site. It has worked wonders for me.

Best regards. :goodjob:

Comment

Thanks Best.

All I can see are positives at the moment.

It is so nice to be alive again.

Brett.

bestlifeldms;320400 wrote: Brett,

Congratulations! I'm sure it only gets better!

Best

Comment

Thanks MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine,

It's because of people like you who have supported me that I'm doing so well.

So don't thank me, I thank you.

Cheers

Brett.

P.S. Have you figured out that husband of yours yet?

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;320401 wrote: Brett,

Thank you for that! Very inspiring : )

Myheart

Comment

Hey Florida,

thanks mate!!!

I agree, peer pressure or is it just the natural human spirit of wanting to belong, that makes us so vulnerable at times. I think a bit of both for me.

I'm with you mate "NEVER AGAIN"!!!! I think of how that first sip makes my head feel, compared to clarity and calmness of where I am now, I will never go back.

I know for certain that my self esteem has dramatically improved in the last 13 days. I dread to think what I'm gonna be like after a year.

Thanks again mate

Brett.

FloridaBoy;320434 wrote: I agree. I let social/peer pressure trip me up in the past...never again. *I* know what is right for me. It just took a long time to realize it.

Comment

Hi Ollie.

My pleasure.

Sometimes we all need a bit of a nudge.

I'm working with a guy in NY on my internet businesses and he is the king of tough love. He has helped me overcome so many of my self imposed fears and beliefs.

He is an amazing man. He has achieved so much by having total belief that there is nothing he can't achieve.

He has also shown me that if other people can do it, then why the hell not me? I think that has really helped me quit AL. There is evidence that it can be done. That's why sharing stories does us all so much good.

Like you I thought that it would just happen without any pain or hard work. They just don't make that sober dust like they used to!!!

All the best in your quest for the life you deserve.

Cheers

Brett.

Ollie;320445 wrote: Thanks for the "nudge"! I think realizing that you have to put work into it is when you will be successful.
                    For so long I expected the sober fairy to come in and sprinkle sober dust on me while I slept. Did not happen.

Ollie

Comment

Hey hippie.

Thanks for the kind words.

I know it's gonna be hard at times. I'm just trying to focus on the big picture of how I want my life to be. All the way to looking down at my funeral at age 105 with many friends (albeit with zimmer frames):H telling of what a kind and caring person I was. Hows that for deep!!!

High strength Columbian hey? Sounds interesting!!! Know where I can score some??? :H

Unfortunately no. Most of the time just plain old instant. But I do love a STRONG espresso!

Cheers

Brett.

hippie37;320456 wrote: Great post Brett, nice to see you doing so well in these early stages. Maintain that attitude as it will keep you strong and give you foundations to build a happy and sober future on. It's the kind of attitude that has helped me in the past move forwards after a lapse.

What coffee are you drinking anyway? Is it high strength Columbian coffee??lol That, I would be kicking into touch!!

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx

Comment

Thanks BigMac.

Cheers

Brett.

BigMac;320464 wrote: Way to go Brett!! Keep up the great work and keep us all posted!

Comment

Hey Don,

Thanks mate!

As previously stated, it's people like you who have helped get me here. The least I can do is stay sober.

Cheers Mate.

Brett.

Chief;320465 wrote: Well done, Brett....

Don

Comment

Hey Cindi,

you are yet another one of my inspirations!!!

Great work on 40 days.

We will do this. I have no doubt!

Warm Regards

Brett.

cindi;320494 wrote: Brett,

Great post. Jinja, no fairy dust here but lots of support!!

I am 40+ days and lovin' it!!

Love,
                            Cindi

Comment

Hey thankful,

I think you really inspired me the other day with your post.

I could not have agreed more.

Thanks again for being such a giving and caring individual.

Warm Regards

Brett.

Thankful;320729 wrote: Brett, what an awesome post! I couldn't be happier for you!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Love, Me
                              :l

Comment

Bernie that is great news. You have made my day!!!

If you think it you can. Don't worry if you fall off, just get back on again.

That's what it's all about.

Every addiction I have overcome. That's the approach I have used.

(trust me, there have been a few!!!)

Alright, apart from coffee. But it just smells and tastes soooo good!!!

Please feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

Cheers

Brett.

SuperBernie;320735 wrote: Brett - I'm new here and after reading your post, I feel like there is hope for me.

thanks so much for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X