Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day stressful but ended up good.

Cindi!

What can I say? Thank you so much for sharing that story. I got so much out of reading that this morning.

It was good to meet and talk to someone for a few hours that did not just relate past experiences but talked quite frankly about newly being sober and the feelings we go through and how to handle them and how to live life with joy.
    These are the type of people I want to be around in AA to be honest. I have met a great chap in AA who is 58 and grew up in the 60's and he is one of the few that talks about his sobriety with more of a passion for 'living' than relating old 'war stories'. I've only just realized on reading this that my 'sponsor' has been there right in front of me all the time but due to my prejudices I have been blind to this fact. Your PM and this story have really helped me Cindi and I cannot thank you enough for sharing this today.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Cindi, I am a great believer in Karma and your's is good
      Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
      AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Wow; what a story! You had quite the day! I hope you took a nice long bubble bath when you got home.

Comment

Cindi,
          Thank-you for sharing that story with us. What a day, girl!
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Yes Cindi, thank you so much for sharing this story. You saved that older woman's life, I am sure, she will be okay. Then someone came to help you. This site has been so helpful I believe because it gets us comfortable in saying, I have a drinking problem, so then when opportunity presents and we meet people we instinctively can sense we have this in common, as you did, you opened up, I bet she considers you an angel too. :h Suz

P.S. My brother said, "a friend of Bills" is code for an AA member, like if he was in an airport and felt he could not resist a craving, he could ask someone to put over the PA, would a friend of Bills please come to the whatever desk, and someone would come to help him resist the craving.
            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Cindi, thanks for sharing a great story!
              Marcie

Comment

{{{{CINDI}}}}

Your story made my day.
                Do you keep stories on paper?
                That would be a good one to write in your journal.

"Friend of Bill's".....love it!

:hNancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tells about your experience. Please do not ever feel your posts are too long. If people don't want to read them, they don't have to. Your story was uplifting and, as usual, in true Cindi style, it came with some very important advice, that very well may save someone's life. Keep them coming!
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Cindi: I read the whole thing all over again...it was that wonderful. M
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

cindi, thanks so much for sharing. What a day of extremes. I too believe that things happen for a reason...I suspect you saved a life which was probably a bit draining, and then someone special came along to fill you back up. You DO have great karma! Thanks too for the tip about med lists. I need to make sure my Dad has a list in his wallet. I imagine that could be life saving!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Cindi, my love,

Our Higher Power's work in mysterious ways........

Well done on saving a life. Another one.

m. xxxxx
                        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                        I am in the next seat.
                        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Cindi -

I truly loved your story. I also believe that you meeting the AA lady was no accident. I am not a church attender, but if you asked me, I would say, yes, I believe in God. One of the times when hubby and I were attending a church regularly, the minister was one of the best teachers I have ever known. He said that God has a good life all mapped out for us before we are ever born. But, we tend to end up screwed up, don't we? Why do we end up as screwed up as we are? Because God also gave us the ability to make choices. It's all part of free will - which he also gives us because he doesn't want us to love him because he forces us to, he wants us to love him of our own FREE WILL. And, back to the choices....well, we tend to make terrible choices. On that plane, you made the right choices. You could have chosen not to first of all tend to that poor lady, and then, to just keep reading your book and not allow the AA lady to draw you into conversation. Just my opinion, of course.

What a truly awesome day! I hope someday I will be able to talk to someone with as much unselfconscious caring as that AA lady. Thanks so much for sharing, Cindi.
                          The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I too believe that AA lady was put in your path for a reason. And I will pray for the one who fell ill. Thanks for sharing Cindi.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a bit behind with threads as my laptop is still out of commission. Have hijacked hubby's this morning to try to catch up.

Cindi - a powerful story!! The song your Dad sang rang true with me. I know it sounds alittle trite, but I have started a gratitude journal with the girls. It is so easy to fall into the rut of "having a bad day" when you just have to adjust perspective and see all the good. It has helped all of us stop the good being over-shadowed by the bad. It stops the automatic perception.

Suzanna - Love the comment from your brother! A global sense of community and support!

Take care
                              xxx
                              The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                              Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Cindi - that is lovely! Angels Unite! You, the AA lady, the docs and everyone, and the hubby and his poorly wife....what a 'cast' that day....I am sure the lady who came to sit next to you was an angel - they have their 'ways' !!

I am so touched by your, "All I could do was lean over and keep patting his arm...." As if that's a tiny thing?!?!?!? I can't imagaine how huge that was to that poor terrified man! You're so loving, Cindi! I can sense your gentleness.

And the Gratitude Book? Brilliant - I have started actually writing mine down again, even though I find myself thinking it at the end of (and in the middle of) the day; it was/is life-changing....just 5 statements of good that happened that day - a look in the shops, the sun peeking out, good mail, let alone the 'big' things! (And even, I got through the day unscathed if down!!) Even if I have to look for them, (and there's the benefit!) there's always something good to find in each day. And it doubles as a diary to refer back to for dates....handy!

Thank you Cindi for a lovely story - true story. Let your posts be as long as you like!

Love
                                FMS xx
                                :heart: c: :heart:
                                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                                X