You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you wake up in the morning feeling so God awful guilty that you make a statement out loud to yourself that "TODAY is the DAY" So you tell your DH that you're not going to drink anymore. It's a game I play because if I tell him then now I'm not only accountable to me, but to someone else too.

Big mistake because then then 6pm rolls around and your looking for that unfinished glass from the night before....gross, huh? There may even be a gnat drunk and passed out in it but who cares, it's just a gnat for peet's sake.

Hmmm. I think it's on the nightstand, ah yes, there it is. Ah, and there's another, next to the reading chair. And Oh wow, another gem! 1/2 a glass left on the piano! WOW, Bingo. Next thing I know, I'm counting the time till my beloved is off to bed so I can sneak out to the store for another bottle. He'll never know. Right.

Ugh.
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Yes, Vlad...sadly that was all DONE by me!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

When you

Comment

Leftover

Comment

Only because I was too drunk to remember where I'd left the last glass. No worries, just reach in the cupboard and get a new glass and fill 'er up. Hence the 3 pitiful glasses strewn all over the house.

Ewww. How sad.

Comment

When you are kicked off an airplane because you are too drunk to fly. (and hubby and son were on their way to the airport to pick you up in case they did so you didn't drive home because the airliunes had called them.) Oh, and then they waited for hours while you sobered up and got into a hotel room in a far away city and called them and let them know you were okay.

When you woke up with the key in the ignition of the truck and realized you couldn't drink and drive and you went back inside and ordered more drink. (then went to the hotel room, passed out, hit your head on the night stand and woke up with a bloody nose and gash on your face.) Everyone else worried about the gash, I worried about the drinking...

Oh, and this one is huge. When you woke up in bed in your hotel room and you were okay. You had NO idea how you got there or when. You were just glad you were alive, okay and not with someone else.

Yes. I have done all these. The last multiple times..

OMG.

I am an alcoholic.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

You turn up to work drunk, not able to speak and have to get other people to answer your phone for you.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

you promise, swear to all things Holy that you will NEVER drink again.....only to drink that very same day.
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

you rotate local off licences (or liquer stores) on a daily basis so the staff dont cop your an alchie......who am I foolin??

Comment

You go to a party/wedding/social get together and nip off to the toilets to have a drink that you have brought with you hidden in the bag. (Being an Indian women, we are rarely offered a drink). Or tell hubby you are nipping out for a fag and literally sprint (in my sari) to the nearest off license and then try to find somewhere to drink it. Then try to get back and act sober.

Comment

What leftover drinks??

I never had any of those.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

When you know all the places to hide a bottle,but panic because you can't find one????Where is it???I know that it is here...somewhere OH,down the drain...what was I thinking????
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Down the drain is the best place for it and you did it Evie!

Comment

Nice one, Evielou!
                              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

cindi;353935 wrote: What leftover drinks??

I never had any of those.

Cindi
                                Neither did I...

Comment

Working...
                                X