You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you wake up in the morning fully dressed in a football kit, boots, shin pads, the whole shabang, look down at the floor and find loads of hair on the floor....then go to the tolite and then realise what the hair was!
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Waking up in your truck at 3 am parked on the side Of the road with the engine still running and almost an empry tank of gas that you just filled that morning....with several text messages and voicemails asking where are you.....

Comment

When you are fine with drinking before noon and kinda wonder why you had a hang up with it before.

Comment

Oh so many of these ring true. How about waking up in the dog bed while the dog is sleeping in my nice comfy bed looking down at me the next morning.... What the hell happened to u?

Comment

When you are stuck in a hotel room in a strange town with no car, but still manage to find a local liquor store and walk to it so that you can have your fix.
            Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

You drink a souvenir bottle of beer from a vacation to Hawaii 7 years prior....you get in the truck with your children in tow after drinking 12 beers to go buy another 12 pack.....you throw a drink in your best friends face for no reason whatsoever....you have sex with your best girlfriend AND her brother the very same day (eeewww not at the same time)....I could go On and on...

Comment

When you get kicked out of the house for drinking too much and yet still drinks. (not me thank god)
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! I got one!

When you carry multiple small keys on your keychain so that you can pick the lock of your hotel room's booze fridge...and when it appears on your bill, dispute it by blaming housekeeping not restocking properly and pointing out that the hotel DIDN'T GIVE YOU A KEY, so you COULDN'T have done it!

(Sad, but true.)
                  "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

You know your an alcoholic when you are still up at 11 reading funny posts on MWO and feeling greatful that today is ok, you didnt fall of the train.
                    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

When you wake up at 1:42 pm and your still drunk from the night before. (friend of mine)
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you buy a pie from a gas station while walking home drunk, drop your pie on the road, so you sit in the middle of the road and eat the pie off the road. The next morning you wonder why you have mince in your hair.
                        When at 2am your key wont fit in your door then the neighbour answers there door and tells you your at the wrong house!
                        Oh the shame!
                        HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

When you knock back an all-expenses paid, no-strings attached world cruise in a luxury suite with a nice man (who adores you and can afford to spend up big on you) because he's an enabler and you know you'd be drunk the whole time and probably throw yourself (or fall) overboard because of it.
                          :h Mish :h
                          sigpic
                          Never give up...
                          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                          Remaining a perpetual possibility
                          Only in a world of speculation.
                          What might have been and what has been
                          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

When your cat has to resort to chucking a cast iron saucepan, a stainless steel colander and a Chantry knife sharpener off the edge of the kitchen unit and onto your head as you lie passed out on the kitchen floor because she wants her breakfast.

Comment

"When you buy a pie from a gas station while walking home drunk,"

Really? You can buy pies in gas stations??
                              Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

You can here in New Zealand! lol
                                HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Working...
                                X