You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you are driven beyond your own will to do something that your heart does not want to do

Comment

vlad;353949 wrote: Neither did I...
      When I had leftover drinks, they were gone within the next day.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When I can remember leaving the bar, and starting to leave with a drunk friend. But how I got home, and in bed, and its a miracle I didn't puke anywhere or pee myself or worse because I had a blackout with four tequila shots and the other stuff I drank that night. The next morning, I wake up in bed and wonder how I got there.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Waves 2;353437 wrote: You find letters in the morning begging you to stop drinking. You have no idea who they are from but they are in your own hand-writing.
          I sometimes find diary entries on the meaningless of life , hints of suicide , which I destroy immediately ...

Comment

You know you're an alcoholic when you're invited over to dinner to a friend's house and find their cute display of mini bottles they must have spent years accumulating on their various airplane trips and you swipe a few, down them in the bathroom, fill the empties with water and replace them on the shelf. The whole time you are just praying no one saw you or will be able to figure out it was you. I did that at least 3 times.

Also, you know you're an alcoholic when you open the mini bar in a hotel room while your husband is taking a shower, swipe a few clear liquor mini bottles, down them, refill them with water replace then into the fridge. I became pretty good at figuring out how to get the metal band at the bottom of the cap to realign and look like it was never opened. I would always have high anxiety for at least a week after a trip thinking I would get caught and charged by the hotel.

I'm so embarrassed by that... Geez, and those are only my mini bottle stories. I have many, many more stories involving a vast array of stupid things done because of alcohol.

'

Comment

As I am new to this board. I want to say I love all the help that has been given to me through site. I am not here to rock the boat or troll.
              I could not get myself to read some of the stuff after page 2. I dont think its a funny thing alcholism in the least way. Yet im sorry to say this thread was disturbing since alot of the posts had there days of recovery , when i read this thread it makes me want to drink more! since it brings up memories. I know I will just not read.

Comment

well lets see... you know your an alcoholic WHEN....

when your a member of a alcoholic chat board.. and every single persons story, no matter how awful, sounds like your own.
                caper
                AF since Sept 2013...
                :alf:

Comment

When people laugh at you and not with you.

Flossie x
                  Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

When you call into work sick two days in a row and then drag your guilty ass into work... thinking they know

Comment

When you don't want to admit to yourself that you have a problem. (not me so much since I didn't stay in the denial stage for long)

Comment

When you plan the next time that you drink because you know that your going to get wasted and need the next day for the hangover hell.

When you fail at moderation after your favorite bar has a fire.

I am so glad that those days are done. No more drinking for this lady. ODAAT!

Comment

When you FORCE beer down your throat because it's Friday night. So what that you're drinking alone, so what that you don't even want the beer. You do it because something in your diseased brain is convincing you that it's "the thing to do".
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

How about when your driving home on a 100 degree day, hit the brakes and a 16oz. can of Colt 45 malt liquor that you didn't know you had rolls out from under the seat. You pop that sucker open and drink it down hotter than hell. Talk about a quick buzz.

Be well, don't drink and drive.

B-45

Comment

How about when you are convinced that you couldn`t have possibly
                              eaten your dinner during the evening and then when you check the
                              draining board in the morning there is your plate and utensils all
                              washed up oh dear :H

Luv Flo x
                              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Flossie, I hear ya :H

How about when you have the hangover from hell and you know you can't have any more sick days at work, so you make up some lie about your dear old Mum having a heart attack? Shameful stuff.

No more!
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X