X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

OH LJ

We have a million of them!
    I told a story about a friend who had arrived home without her pants. Drunk of course.
    K9 and I both agreed that when we were pantsless we would tend to stay wherever the pants were removed. But you never know.

How in the world I never got a DUI is beyond me. And that is something that bothers me maybe the most-driving drunk. Just stupid and wrong. It's bad enough to destroy yourself but to endanger other people is unforgiveable. I hate that I ever did that.

Some things seem funny after some time has passed, but it really is sad to waste so much time being drunk. Every time I think about drinking I picture myself drunk; it makes me a little sick to imagine it. With each day that goes by I get further away from that person.

Comment

Skirts Too Ann

It's great advice.

I lost my skirt once (it literally fell around my ankles) while I was standing in the middle of a bar. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been drunk. I just have to picture that and it will be enough. Sloppy, drunk, me. No thanks!

Comment

Loving this thread ... so one more before late dinner, tea and a show ...

You know you are an alcoholic when you spend that last $5 on booze rather than the much needed toilet paper for your house ... nighty night (yes, I do have toilet paper!)

Comment

...when you wake up at 5am (again) after blacking out on the sofa and find a a hole in it after your cigarette has burned into it. Spend the next hour re-patching before the family wake up. No-one ever found out (I must be a good seamstress!) but the shame I felt every time I saw those patches - I knew!!!!
          - so ashamed of the risks I took....
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

When you are to frightened to socialize cause you no you are going to be legless by the end of the night and a total embarrasement, so you stay home and get drunk on your own!!!

Comment

LookingToGrow;360574 wrote: What about the drunkin' emails? Anyone else? I once quit my job and forgot and went to work...LOL!!
              Yep, drunken emails and texts begging my ex to come back to me. Oh the shock and the shame when I see what I have written.

Comment

I know I've mentioned this before, but I "groomed" my beloved Cocker Spaniel Charlie one night when I was feeling particularly feisty. I do not think a cocker spaniel should have the kind of hair cut I gave him. Talk about being reminded EVERY day...it took about a month for the poor guy to get his hair back. Only a dog could forgive such a thing!! R.I.P. Charlie...I miss you :h
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Texts! I won't talk about the nasty ones to an ex or a friend I am mad at. But there is one fellow I met one night at a bar. Nothing happened between us, but we exchanged numbers. I've never met him again, but we still drunk text each other. Who does that? Drunks!

Comment

Drunk texting/calling/emailing was my specialty.

One of the things that scares me most is that if I drank again, I think I'd go on Facebook and tell people how I REALLY feel about them, and it probably wouldn't be pretty! LOL

Seriously, I used to hide my phone and laptop from myself before I started my drinking, but by the end of the night I was digging them out. I had a bad habit of driving to the store drunk to get more beer (in my ripped up yoga pants...I've long since thrown those things away...LOL). One night before I started my nightly drinking, I threw my keys on top of my car (SUV) in an attempt to make them impossible to get in a drunken state. Guess what I ended up doing a few hours later?? Buiding a ladder with some rickety boxes so I could climb up to there and get them. I needed more beer you know. The INSANITY.
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 I am so glad you are alive to tell your tales of misadventure. Given my history of texting I am surprised my friends are so forgiving (well, some of them anyway ...).

At Christmas one of my friends invited me to spend 4 days at her place with her family. It was a wonderful time except for Christmas Day evening when I got totally utterly smashed. It was probably the night that really scared me about where my drinking was headed. At one point we were watching television (it was a mobster-like show), and I was so drunk that I started thinking my friends were part of the mob. I remember that part, but have no idea what I said. In my head, I was suddenly in danger from these "mobster" people, and I had to get away. It was 4am. -37 outside and I was miles and miles away from the city. In a drunken stupor (and by this time apparently I was talking to myself in fear) I texted my ex-boyfriend pleading for him to help me that I was in trouble. Then, I passed out. He was rightly so pissed off at me. He woke up the next day worried that I had fallen somewhere in the snow in a drunken stupor in the middle of nowhere. I woke up on the couch downstairs with my coat and shoes on. I must have been intending to walk home, but was too drunk to do it. My friend never said a word to me about it until weeks later when I brought it up and apologized to her.

Comment

....when you have a notebook and pen ready before you make a phone call. Write it down so you remember the next day but can't read your own drunken scrawl.....
                        ....get a call from your phone company to say you ran up almost ?100.00 over 2 nights - ringing fortune-tellers!!!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

daisy45;1470283 wrote:
                          ....get a call from your phone company to say you ran up almost ?100.00 over 2 nights - ringing fortune-tellers!!!
                          Oh no! Spending money when drunk can be devastating to our finances ... so, I don't mean to take it lightly, but this made me chuckle.

Comment

daisy45;1470283 wrote: ....when you have a notebook and pen ready before you make a phone call. Write it down so you remember the next day but can't read your own drunken scrawl.....
                            Daisy, I have done this before... during a work conference call! I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home from time to time, and I have abused this privilege by drinking during work hours. I have a few pages in my work notebook that I can't even read, so the next day I don't understand the topic or what I'm suppose to work on. Horrible! Then of course I have to get in touch with people to "refresh" my memory when the truth is that I have no memory of the conversation at all. I hope to never do that AGAIN!
                            Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Breez- I have to say that your post about drinking the cooking wine has stayed with me from the first time I read it in November! I am so glad I found this site and changed my ways! Whenever I find myself wanting a some wine I think about you drinking the salty cooking wine. Keeps me on track!
                              :earth: Tree23

Comment

Chasing chickens after having a couple glasses of wine. Had the chickens in the garden and was trying to round them up for the night. Tripping over the chicken wire, falling, and landing on the wooden planter boxes. Ended up with 3 broken ribs. This wasn't me, it was my mom who was helping me get the girls in. It (AL) runs in the family. Lesson here: Don't chase chickens if you have had ANYTHING to drink!
                                :earth: Tree23

Comment

Working...
                                X