You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caper- you are not a jerk! You are one of us and we are good people with interesting....problems:l :l:h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I still feel the shame of the shirt cleanup experience. But glad that those days are over. Also hated myself for being too hungover to go to church and I love going to church.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Caper;1624209 wrote: You can't post anymore on MWO because you're such a jerk.
        Apologies go A LONG way around here. If you are truly sorry people will forgive you. If drinking caused you to say what you did, I do get that. I have said HORRIBLE things when drunk. That's just not me at all. Is it AL that causes this for you?
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Caper;1624209 wrote: You can't post anymore on MWO because you're such a jerk.

Errrrmmmm ....... Going to point out the blatantly obvious to folk who might be feeling sorry for you.....

.You CAN post, you posted this!!

Do you mean you cant pursue me and tell me I am evil? Do you mean you have been told to stop harassing me?

Now that is TOTALLY different!

Red, I have had apologies from caper before and accepted them. This latest is no worse than others have had from her privately...........my upset is at the fact her attacks are allowed to remain in situ.

Comment

kuya;1625028 wrote: Errrrmmmm ....... Going to point out the blatantly obvious to folk who might be feeling sorry for you.....

.You CAN post, you posted this!!

Do you mean you cant pursue me and tell me I am evil? Do you mean you have been told to stop harassing me?

Now that is TOTALLY different!

Red, I have had apologies from caper before and accepted them. This latest is no worse than others have had from her privately...........my upset is at the fact her attacks are allowed to remain in situ.
            I totally agree. The posts should be deleted. You should not have to deal with this.

If Capers apology is sincere and she is willing to stop attack posts I think it would go along way. But one can not apologize and keep up the same behavior. That is not acceptable.

I am sorry you have been singled out Kuya. You do not deserve that.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Red, I have no intention of apologizing to Kuya; my opinion of her hasn't changed a bit. What I meant was, that even though I know I "can" post, I don't feel I "should" post on the threads where I took exception to some of the comments made. Wasn't up to me to point out what I felt was foolish or insensitive.

Comment

Caper, we asked you to come back to the Stepper thread many times. You are still welcome there. But...we are good and foolish and insensitive and mean absolutely nothing by it. Just having fun and mena to offend no one
                Please join us again if you like
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I agree with Mama, Caper. You are welcome anywhere you choose to post. Anyone that "knows" us on the Steppers thread knows that we are silly, gross and inappropriate sometimes, but we mean NO harm to anyone. We all need a place where we can let our hair down, and the Steppers thread has proven to be that place for us. You are welcome there anytime as well. If I have offended you, I apologize (again).

Kuya - You're one of my favorite peeps around here, so keep on being you girl! :l

Now back to the purpose of this thread.

You know you're an alcoholic when.....you make out with your neighbor from down the street, meanwhile his girlfriend is calling the cops because he has gone "missing". Not one of my finest moments...:H
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

one of your finer moments K9....I must admit!! HAH

Comment

no you did NOT Jane!!

Comment

jane27;1630740 wrote: Fighting the gag reflex while guzzling vodka in the closet.
                        Oh, I can totally relate to this one. We should know better that our body is telling us NOT to drink that!
                        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

When you start to cry as you shove another bottle of nasty five dollar vodka in one of the shoeboxes or handbags crammed in the back of the closet because your husband thinks you're a fun and happy social drinker.
                          ETA for another one: Kinda craving, so I'll keep reading and posting. Your husband, good friend, mom or whomever notices you have a bottle of water and asks for a sip and you're like NO! Uh, my throat is sore, I'm catching a cold, etc... when you've got vodka water in there and you know you ain't gettin' sick.

Comment

...You bribe your 20 something to go to get you another bottle of wine by offering to buy her one as well! What a great mother I am.

PS I love all the beagle icons in here!
                            :new:

Comment

When you are so fed up with not being able to stop drinking that without any warning you leave your husband and job to get away for some quality time that you can dedicate to getting sober without the stress of a demanding job and a drinking husband. It worked, but what a huge sacrifice! Going home tomorrow... need to stay strong, or what was the point?
                              You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

jane27;1630740 wrote: Fighting the gag reflex while guzzling vodka in the closet.
                                I have the tee shirt for this one, too! UGG!
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X