Mouth full of marbles...novacaine?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must go back to the oral surgeon and I really think that he hurt me,big time.He gave me injections to numb my gum but when it wore off..my tongue still has a numb feeling and I gag on even a small pill.This has been a week ago so no way can it be normal.Anyone else have anything like this happen????....Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evie,

Mmmm. Never have had that happen but it doesn't sound good. Call him tomorrow and get in to see him. It could be some strange side effect that takes a while to wear off but better to be safe. Let us know what he says. Gabby.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

WHAT, you should have called him by now girl! Call tomorrow!!!!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

It's possible that the dentist hit a nerve with the novocaine and this was the result. You should certainly go back and have it checked.

Comment

Evie, I had to have all my 4 wisdom teeth out in one fowl swoop!! I was having re-constructive surgery done around my eye plus some plates stuck in my gums under my top lip due to a bike accident left my face smashed up (a bit!). I did the most stupidest thing and smoked the following morning after the surgery and it caused no end of problems for 12 months or so after. I was in agony and like you my tongue was numb but tingly at the same time!! Sounds weird I know but it was the strangest feeling. Are you a smoker Evie? If so this can cause major infections after 'gob' surgery if like me you ignored the warnings. It took a few weeks for the tongue to settle down properly but I was continually at my dentists for the next year with problems where the bottom wisdom teeth had been removed.

This may be irrelevant to you Evie but just wanted to let you know my experience.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi Evie
            What did you have done?
            If it was a lower extraction of a
            wisdom tooth the nerves involved
            are very close it may be possible
            that you have a bit of nerve damage
            this can be a temporary affliction though.
            As long as you dont have facial paralysis
            you should be ok, but I would contact
            Your surgeon for sure to be reassured.
            Pan

Comment

THANKS GUYS...you're the best.I had a failed root canal that the surgeon had to cut thru the gum(to extract the chronic infection).He gave me several injections and one of them felt as though he missed and stabbed the corner of my tongue as he tried to inject my gum.He did not stop,just pushed the needle farer and harder.It did not feel right.It didn't make sence then,it does not make sence now.As Hippy said .... this has left me with a strange after effect...I pray that it is not temporary....See DR. this morning....I will keep you posted..LOL..Evie
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
              X