• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I see it!!!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

rubywillow;390302 wrote: Hi, guys!! I've missed you all, but have been catching up on your posts. Just got back from a week on the beach in FL, and, as it's an annual trip and AL & I have screwed up many of them, thought I'd let you know this was the best trip ever!! I'm dead on my feet from the drive, trying to stay ahead of Hurricane Fay, but just had to let you know what a difference moderation made! I was in complete control, whether to drink or not, and how much. I learned so much about other people, wasn't embarrasssed to be around them, handled myself 'gracefully' and had SO many compliments I couldn't believe it! My husband and I went down Sunday morning, and my sister joined us Wednesday AM, since we had a 3-bedroom condo overlooking the pool, lagoon, hot tub and ocean. My husband and I were like teenagers, even though Friday was our 38th wedding anniversary. He is one-of-a-kind, and I've fallen in love all over again. My sister and I spent the days together, and it was the longest we've ever been together in many years. We talked about her feelings about my drinking, planned a business together, too much to write here. I credit all of this to this program, and reading all your stories. We have a big problem to face this week with my son, his children, and his estranged wife who lets the children do whatever they want as long as it doesn't interfere with her sleeping around, & I think now I can be strong and handle it. I've only interacted with a few of you, but you should know what a blessing you have been to me, and, by proxy, my family. I'll be back tomorrow, but also wanted to ask, if the house isn't finished, I'd like to build my glass room with a view in front of the ocean and in back of the mountains. I'll include a sitting/library area open to everyone who wants to relax and be blessed by nature and quiet. Also, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Southern cook, and I love to make fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh cream corn, green beans, cole slaw, sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows & pecans), cat-head biscuits, coconut cake, homemade ice cream and iced (sweet) tea. Oh, and I'll keep a watermelon in the creek so it'll be really cold in the late afternoon. Please let me add on to the house, or I'll build one next door and aggravate you anyway!
      Next week I'd like help learning some more things about the site, like how to get the "I'm new" icon off! Also, I chose the ugle little chewing avatar so every time I look at it I'll remember how I DON'T want to look someday! Thanks so much, everyone. The Power of the Group has pulled me through a tough week and I've come out with the best experience in years, and a great tan!
      CJ
      Hey there rubywillow, whereabouts in FL were you vacationing? I'm in Fort Lauderdale and we have just been getting pounded with rain! We are still drying up from Fay and now we have Hurricane Gustav following in her footsteps! At least it sounds like you were able to get some good sunshine while you were here. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and congrats on your successful modding! 38 years and falling in love with your hubby all over again? That is just fanastic - gives me a great big smile! And hope for the future!

I will certainly join you in the glass library/sitting room. I happen to be a bibliophile and nature freak. And having grown up with a southern grandmother, your cooking will be most welcome!!

I have been away from the forums for a few days myself - had a few days off to celebrate b/f's birthday. I felt like I did pretty good with the moderation. The only time I felt like I maybe over did it a touch was on Saturday night, and that was due to coming home in the evening after being out for a few hours to find that our dog had been VERY sick while we were out. My b/f gave her a bath and kept her busy while I cleaned her crate and toys and blanket and surrounding area. I won't go into detail, but it was hours before I could even think about dinner. We both had a couple of drinks after that. I kept it to about 3, but they hit me so much harder with the Topa and I ended up with a bit of a headache. Aside from the doggie incident, it was a really nice 4 days though.
      So I started the supplements on Sunday and yesterday I started the hypno CDs. I gotta say I think I like the CDs so far. I don't mind the guy's voice at all. I plan to stick with them for the 30 days for sure. Yesterday was my first AF day in about a week and a half! And no fighting with myself to decide to drink or not. I think the Topa is really a key part of the program for me. I'm hoping that these "effortless" AF days will start multiplying!!

How's everyone else doing today?

Ayla, glad to hear that you had a better day!! Don't beat yourself up too much when you slip - just make the choice to get back up and keep going. And remember that we are all here to support you!!

Ooooo DeeBee, a 3 day old sandwich? Yick!! I hope your daughter appreciates her clean room. And if not, maybe next time you should let the old food fester until she can't stand it anymore (assuming that she has a "breaking" point!).

Also a big hi and happy Tuesday to Rosey, O2M and LTG!
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning DB, O2M, LTG, Isolde,
        Yes it is still morning here, believe it or not. I am at about the end of all the time zones here- oh well.
        DeeBee, Are you sick like your mood indicator says? What's wrong sweetie?
        O2m and LTG- How are you both doing this fine Tuesday?
        Isolde, You sound SOOO "on track" to make this program work. I, too, have started the CDs and find them quite good. I just doze off during hypnosis-do you find that happens to you? I am listening to the subliminal cd here at my office. I hope your doggie gets better; they are part of the family-I know your stress.
        I hope everyone has a great Tuesday AF!!! kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

DB, O2M, LTG, Isolde and Kriger, good day to all of you. Sad to hear about the dog, I hope he feels better and didn't try to help you clean up the mess. I have to put my dog outside as he tries to " help" whenever anyone has an illness problem. Many thanks to all of you for your upbeat and positive messages. Today my son is officially 9 years old. My AF days have helped me to focus on being the best mom for him which means taking good care of myself so that I will be around a long time. I will be 51 soon but I still plan to run circles around the other moms at the PTA. I wish I would have known about the clarity and sense of inner resolve that is avail. when you are AF. It is slippery to hold on to though. Guess it depends on the time of day and whether or not my hands are sweaty.
          All the best to you all, have a great day. .... PLH

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bump!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Damn it took me forever to find the Newbies thread!!

Where is everyone, ROLL CALL!!!

Come out come out where ever you are......LOL
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ayla, O2M, LTG, Isolde and Kriger and all to come, hope you are all good?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woo hoo, Wednesday already! And a 3 day weekend coming up here... yay!

Kriger, I did almost drift off during the Clearing CD the other night. At first I thought I was just in a deep state of hypnosis, but then the guy's voice spoke again and I got that slightly startled/annoyed feeling I get when I'm ALMOST asleep and my b/f asks me something. :H

I'm happy to report that the puppy dog is doing just fine. We are switching her over to a raw diet and I think the transition was a little too much all at once for her. The funny thing is that when we walked in the door she was sitting in her crate with this pitiful look on her face that just said, "Thank GOD you're home!" Her system seems to be adapting well now and she's doing great. Although she did end up with an eye infection over the weekend somehow (we think it was probably from playing with a few other dogs in the rainwater pond we ended up with after all the downpours last week). No biggie - she saw the vet Monday afternoon and got some ointment for it. She is a happy energized little doggie now - well, not so little anymore, she's up to 40 lbs. at 5 months.

Aside from being happy that my little fur child is doing much better, I'm also psyched to have gone 2 days AF! This is a biggie for me. I haven't gone more than one day AF for awhile, unless I had a REALLY good reason. I think the most I did recently was when I did the Master Cleanse last year for 3 weeks (yes, 3 weeks - I tend to do things in the extreme). So far it's been pretty easy. I know the Topa has a lot to do with the "easy" part of it for me. I'm not fighting with myself over AL. I'm just not really thinking about it. I might look at the beer in the fridge and have a second's thought about it, but there's not that DEBATE. Last night I had a faux AL drink, one that I read about in another post somehwere on here that sounded pretty good, and was! Since I liked to drink vodka tonics and gin and tonics, I made myself tonic on the rocks with lime (even sounds like an alcoholic drink, huh?). Darn tasty!

Happy Belated 9th Birthday to your son Ayla! I bet you could kick the butts of all the other PTA moms (if you wanted to )!

Wally, congrats on being able to put aside thoughts that you know don't serve you. 5 days of chemo for 5 weeks sounds rough! We will definitely make sure that the bouncy castle is READY! :threesome: :yay:
                  Lots of positive thoughts and virtual hugs coming your way. :l
                  Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                  ~Clutch

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday all newbies,

It's hard for me to keep up on this thread! I got sidetracked after spending the weekend in Pittsburgh taking my daughter back to school. When we got back, I saw the thread StartingOver started called "Rain in my Heart." It's a devastating look at 4 lives ruined by chronic alcoholism. Took me 2 nights to watch all the clips, but it has had a profound effect on me. There but for the grace of God go I . . . So I'm sorry I'm not up to speed on everyone's challenges. And there sure are a lot of them. We'll all make it, OR ELSE!

Vera-b.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi DeeBee, Wally, Isole and Vera,
                      Thanks for the bump, DB!!
                      Pardon my typing; it is getting dark in here and I'm too damn lazy to get up and turn the light on...I'm pretty pittiful aren't I?
                      Wally, So sorry to hear about your upcoming radiation...that sounds quite grueling...I applaud your attitude about it. Is your prognosis good? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cancer did you have? I'll pray for your total and complete recovery, my friend!!!
                      Isolde, Good job on the 2 days AF...you sound marvelous...esp now that puppy is ok.
                      Vera- How are you doing this day?
                      I am "moving along down the road of life"...I feel better each day. Yes, we have a 3 day weekend (those in US)-Labor Day...could present challenges...does everyone have their plans in order???
                      Have a great evening! krigs
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Missed all of you. Working nights makes daily activities difficult. Tomorrow will be 7 days AF take 2. Bumpy start at first. Wally, I am sad to hear of your troubles. Your inner strength is a beacon for all. My weekend plans are getting the sweet boy ready for school and a palliative care consult on sunday. And trying not to think about a lovely glass of chardonnay. sigh.... hope no one labors to hard this weekend. Ayla

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds good to me. How about answering the question.... " The first hardest thing about not drinking that I have noticed is .... " The hardest part for me is completely changing many many daily paths in my routine. I find myself " freezing up " and consciously redirecting my attention and focus. I know it takes a month for a new routine, but it sems like it should be easier. Psychological addiction is lots harder than physical ( for me that is ). Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend. Ayla

Comment

Newbies Nest

I vote on the first one also. Can we start that thread tomorrow or maybe Monday for Sept. 1?
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like what we need!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello there, this is Renewal. Happened to take a peek tonight and glad I did as I see you are changing the name of the thread. I called it Newbies Nest for the 'secure/comfort' sound it offered. At any rate, on with the new....hope the new thread serves all of you well and hope 'the nest' offered you comfort and support....all the best to you!!!
                                Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X