Alcoholism is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholism is...

I thought I was ready. I gave myself the summer to get my shit together. (I kinda hit the wall in early April with depression.) Now it's almost August, and time is ticking....Where is the epiphany I am looking for? (I know sometimes it comes in whispers, and I am TRYING to listen)

Comment

Alcoholism is...

CS, my epiphany was in the form of sickness and fear. things I would never wish upon my enemy let alone someone like you that I enjoy the company of. I'd rather have opted for the 'whispers' but I'm a pretty hard headed guy and an extremist by nature.

I really don't care for the term 'dry drunk'. I find it condescending and easily misunderstood. I do of course realize that a holistic outlook on mental and physical health is very important to my full recovery and the subsequent enjoyment of life.

being ready is not something you must prepare for, or wait for....it most likely won't come under those circumstances. it can happen in the blink of an eye. being is "being". You can do this CS XXXXX
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Alcoholism is...

Det, thank you for your compliment. I too am pretty hard headed and extremist (perfectionist, Type A, whatever you want to call it). I feel like I am crashing. And I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out, when everyone is telling me to figure it out.

Comment

Alcoholism is...

yur my last call tonite because you made me feel good ,so here we go,you find what works for you,nothin worked for me till i went to a sanitarium this year,tht worked,AA i have been to 10 years ,its worked for millions,but not me,found this place in june,dont no if its worked yet,one is laid back,the other is not,but u choose,alchoholism is a word.when you have to talk about it you have a problem,normal drinkers dont talk about it,when they have to much,they stop,we want more,as a doctor,psychitrist,said to me,we like the feelin of fallin down,throwin up,fightin,always want more,by the way i never had a problem stoppin, just stayin stopped, hope this helps as much as you just comin here and talkin and sharin with mei like u am also lost to

Comment

Alcoholism is...

Stupid?

No, you're not stupid. Not at all!

I agree with the wise Det.

Being ready can come in the blink of an eye..*blink*, the sound of a step, a dream. A voice, a word, a song. It's not necessarily something you have to figure out.

We are all individuals..your epiphany will come to you in your way and you will know it when you feel it/see it/hear it.

It may come to you when you least expect it.

m. xxx
            ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
            I am in the next seat.
            My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Alcoholism is...

Good perspective from Gyco... often, time spent trying to "figure it out" is not time well-spent... this is something that has to be lived, steps that need to be taken... an active approach is much more likely to succeed, IMO, than an intellectual or cerebral approach. The Zen Master would say: Too much thinking! Put it all down! Just wash your breakfast dishes (in other words, just do whatever task is in front of you to do... )

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Alcoholism is...

Maybe I need to get away for a few days...my own personal rehab (which never worked in the past, though, caus I always came back to drinking.) I am just scared. Thanks for your good thoughts -- this is why I am here.

Comment

Alcoholism is...

you are the only one that can make the change and stop the cycle before it get even worst..
                  and in my opinion.. keep on going to AA meetings .. you dont have to follow the steps just sit there and listen find the one point that really hits the heart and makes you think.and make new friends..
                  i wish you the best of luck cs ...it all helps ..

PS save me a piece of peach pie..LMAO
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                  X