Men do Hurt and get down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men do Hurt and get down

Being a crappy male has made me think!!! I have just had a conversation with my wife partener never married but been together 17 years !!!!!!she wisely said I need to deal with my depression GO TO A DOCTOR before we can start to talk again!!!!! as the couple we used to be!!!! It saddens me to think my best freind my beautiful freind feels isolated from me!!! But she is bloody right!!!!! I have stopped the drink but the underlying problems remain!!! I mean me..... I hate my self.... always have always will!!! sorry to share these depressive thoughts but it helps to realise the truth men do get depressed and down and we aint tough at all !!!! most of us are little boys who cant grow up!!! I have been told to not CRY but we need to cry and open up so much!!!! Sorry for the rant thanks for listening
    Love Cap

Men do Hurt and get down

no rant I think its good.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Thanks Gabby

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Hey Cap,

Real men DO cry. They can also suffer from depression. I think the whole idea of the male "stiff upper lip" is a nonsense. A man has no less emotions than a woman and social conditioning should not prevent a man from expressing any of those emotions........being able to do so is a sign of strength as opposed to weakness.

Like yourself, I have found that becoming sober doesn`t automatically put us on cloud 9. We all have to discover what makes us tick and what makes for happiness. It`s a voyage of self-discovery and you now owe it to yourself to travel that path.

My best to you,

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Thanks Star i hear ya!!!!! just gotta get some tissues been balling my eyes out all arvo!!!~! too much navel gazing sorry
          Love cap

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

i think its the best thing you can do for yourself and your relationship is open up and start working through the stuff. Try not to push her out tho.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Thanks gabby including her in the way i feel is essential!!!!!! we have been seeking counselling but i think lately there is a sense she wants to leave me and i dont blame her!!!! A depressed male is a bloody impossible thing to deal with!!!!

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Doc, counselling etc.........make good use of any help available to you.........show her you are willing to make an effort to get well. If she truly loves you, as I`m sure she does........she won`t leave you.

Star x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Hey there Captn - just STARTIN this thread is a HUGE step forward. Hats off to you., Keep posting your thoughts and feelings, it is also a great inspiration for other men. Perhaps you could write yourself a gratitude list. Being sober is an AWESOME and vital start.

Bless you!
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

[I] I have Depression.....crawl out of that hole, get help ! Im on meds, it helps. take care Capt'n. IAD./I]
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Cap, depression is such an isolating thing. I suffer from it and i so understand how it can escalate into an all consuming life threatening illness.
                      When I finally sought help, and started talking about it to Rich, he said he thought it was because he had been a rubbish husband and thats why I was unhappy. (he isnt a rubbish husband at all) ...that broke my heart, but it really showed me how important it is to talk and share our feelings no matter how daft they seem.
                      I had counselling and take prozac, dealing with my addictions has also put me on the right track. Being open and honest has helped me understand myself.

What I am trying to say cap is that you can beat this, its hard but there is help to be had...take it my friend and most of all,know that you are not alone in your feelings.

Take care and keep talking.
                      Love starts x
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Thanks starts you are so right I love you so much thanks!!!!
                        Love cap

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Cap,
                          So sorry you are feeling low. Depression is a nasty beast and I think many, if not most of us here have suffered from it. AND yes men suffer too. You're humans too!!!! Society makes it so hard for us to seek help for anything...to say "I NEED HELP". Especially men....but, you have made great strides. XXXXX
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

My deepest thanks to you all you are ALL such beautiful people thanks
                            love cap

Comment

Men do Hurt and get down

Hi again captn - it is easy to have empathy for where you are at just now....I have been there too. I may be a gal, but I drank more than most men I know, and behaved more vulgarly!! Also, I thought I was such a tough-nut, nobody was going to see me crack!!! Today, I am free to be my true self, kind, gentle and (a bit too) sensitive! I used alcohol to block all that ay.

Keep posting, my friend, you are typing your way into a new, healthy positive life!
                              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                              X