Army Thread 12th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't really my business, Zen, but I am not seeing that you did anything wrong.
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

OOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I have been on tramadol TOO, and it was awful....major swelling...weird heart palpatations...

Comment

now I only take panadol 'osteo' 3 times a day & 15mg of mobic each day.. that all works quite well. The pain is less but still there. But anything's bettre than getting addicted to codine or killed by tramadol LOL
        Zen you did not mess up this thread. I can understand you feel upset, but try to let it go. The other one is most likely tired or something.. can't imagine

Comment

I have never heard of mobic though....hmmm...I am in Canada....not sure what would be similar.

Are you still on the codiene?...or did you mamage to get off it?...
          The big question is have you found a way to mamnage your pain at all??

Comment

Yes My Doc really impressed me with that bright idea! He gave me a massive dose & I nearly died. Was vomiting and dizzy for 24 hours. I still had nausea dizzy spells for weeks after, he really OD'd me.

Comment

yeesh, I seem to be throwing in extra "m"s all over the place :H...sorry for the typos!

What sort of side effects did you get with the tramadol fickle?

Comment

No, I don't take codine unless the pain is really really bad. I try to never take it for more than a day so I can't get in the habit. It becomes less effective and is very addictive.

So I manage by living with it as much as I can.

Comment

OMG how AWFUL. You poor thing.
                  Geez Docs can be so stupid...I mean I know they aren't Gods or anything but still *sigh*

Comment

Good for you!...It must be hard, good job being so strong Miss Fickle!

Comment

living with the pain i mean.. there is not much else to be done that I know of
                      mobic is a brand name I think for meloxicam - you can google

Comment

Well there just isn't any option for me really... so how are you managing Keets? What are you on?

Comment

It probably has a different name in my country...will google it.

Though I have been on lots of pain meds...(trying to find the right one for my pain since '92)...I know I don't want to be on the ones I am now, for too long.

Comment

mine is from arthritus - they told me at 38 go get a hip replacement - I don't like that idea much - still hoping some other miracle might happen & prevent me from needing major surgery. It's a bugger.

Comment

Sadly, I am pain free on the meds they finially picked...oxyxontin, and oxycodone. BUT even though it has only been two months ofr the one, I am feeling afraid...I don't want to be addicted.
                              Today is my second day lowering the dose to get off...I feel pretty yucky...which just makes me more sure I HAVE to get off them

Comment

panadol osteo was a discovery - I bought it ages ago and did not think it worked until someone on a chronic pain help line explained to me it's slow release, and you must take two every 6 hours x 3 a day.

it really does take the edge off and allows me to work - so that was a major relief

Comment

Working...
                                X