blacked out again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blacked out again

Dove, are you eating enough food? God, when you go to these events your supposed to indulge in the FOOD!!!! Eat ... very important. BO's ... have had a few, not too often.. sounds so scary .. I get in most trouble when i do not eat, as a few sips on empty is the beginning of a terrible event. PLEASE EAT.

Comment

blacked out again

Hi Dove, Hi Cacky

I sat here for a few minutes threading words of encouragement and then erasing them.

Truth be known; There are so Many Others who can share encouragement better that me.

I can't help but tell you why I will NEVER Give UP and why I keep Coming Back to MWO.

1st = Because of the Awe Inspiring people on this website, who tell it like it is Good or Bad.

and

2nd = Because of the People here with a Sense of Humor through all of these trying times.

Please Read: 'Word of Wisdom Wednesday' [COLOR]in the General Discussion Group and you will know why I can't help but come here each day. Place Big Fat HuGGable here . . .:l

Comment

blacked out again

Dove,

I am so glad you posted and are not going to just throw in the towel.

I, too, am a blackout drinker. It has progressed to each and every time I drink. It is a disaster every time and it is only a matter of time before something truly horrendous happens.

I also know that drinking to blackout is a serious sign for us drinkers.

Please don't give up. Don't beat yourself up. And keep on trying to quit.

You will get there someday.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

blacked out again

Thanks all. You're right, I should not give up. Of course, better today as the hangover is gone. Deep down I know that the answer is to just stop drinking all together...but I don't. Mostly because I can go for weeks just having a couple drinks here and there and I'm like 'yay, look at me, i'm normal'. I don't know where this 4 blackouts in three weeks came from. I had been doing so well. I really appreciate your helpful words.
          Thanks
          Dove

Comment

blacked out again

I have had blackouts for years - now it is almost every time I drink. Yet, there are still the times I can stop after a few. However.....I know that I have to stop drinking. The anxiety, jitteriness(?) and depressed mood should be enough motiviation to stop. I have failed a million times but will never give up. Health problems are my new motivation. The journey here is what is so fascinating. Listen, at first I drank about five days a week...then went to about three days a week...then just on the weekends. Now, in 2009, I have gotten drunk exactly four times. It sounds insane, but think about the progress. I am determined to not drink again. It has slowly not become such a great part of my life. I still black out every time I drink so the progression of this disease is there. Every day you have and don't drink is progress. So, try not to be so hard on yourself and look at the big picture since starting at MWO. I see individuals doing better all the time. Remember, progress, not perfection. Good Luck.
            Redhibiscus

Comment

blacked out again

Dove, I am also very happy to hear you are not giving up. You are not a failure because you keep trying. That's what we all need to do, to never give up. Black outs are scary crap and I've had my share. Waking up not knowing where the bruises came from, when I went to bed etc. That is not the way to live. Know in your heart that there is always an alternative, there will be something out there that works for you just never give up looking for the solution.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

blacked out again

hi dove,blackouts,are something that will eventually lead to wet brain,over years of abuse,about AA,when you get as bad as you are and cannot afford help,you seek what will work,matter a fact there is AA online,dont have to be embarrassed,its done in your own home,just dont use your real name,you can even find the AA book online,its free,start at bills story, and continue to the stories,but read the 1st hundred and 64 pages continually,it will tell you where your heading,most of all be sober when you read it,if ya just want to talk ,send me a message,i do it with a few others,that is therapy in itself,by the way im not a AA thump er any more then a bible thump er,never no you mt find out you can stop,with a little help,i do wish you well,you wont do it on your own gyco

Comment

Working...
                X