Living a life of ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living a life of ease

This was initially a response to "Hiddengoal's" thread, but thought it was a topic worth posting as a thread itself.

hidden, I think it is that you are starting to view things from a new and different perspective. Remember that alcohol abuse / alcoholism - is a progressive problem! Left unchecked it does gets worse. As the years go by, our bodies require more and more alcohol to attain the same level of buzz or escape. The higher the alcohol consumption levels become, the more negative side effects it has on us, physically, emotionally, financially, psychologically - in every way! Attaining an AF period allows us to - "see the real picture" if you will. We begin once again to "notice" the state of all the aspects of our lives. And in most cases, it's WOW! I didn't realize my closets were such a mess, my windows are so dirty, my refrigerator hasn't been cleaned in way too long... etc. My finances need attention, my relationships are suffering, I am capable of far greater quality of work as an AF individual, than when using AL on a regular basis - it is endless. AF we have an awareness that was clouded, when drinking. And, while we are overcome with a great feeling - of feeling better physically, it can be overwhelming when we "acknowledge" the state our affairs are in. We realize it is because we have neglected them or made them worse while drinking on a regular basis. When making a committment to an AF lifestyle is very self involved, initially. After a period, we are no longer high maintenance. It becomes - second nature. Without a thought. Plus - we process, fix, take care of, everything that we have found in our lives that need attention. Keeping up, is always easier than catching up. After catching up, all aspects of our lives are lived with an "ease" we could not have, while drinking.
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Living a life of ease

Excellent post, Best!

Comment

Living a life of ease

That pretty much nails it :goodjob:
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

Living a life of ease

Wow, very well put Besty! Thanks.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Living a life of ease

Besty, That's a beautiful post !!! I am trying to learn to ALLOW things to happen, where as when I was drinking I was always TRYING to make things happen. TRYING to make up for my short comings.
          I am finding it to be such a challenge to just learn to be a HUMAN BEING instead of the HUMAN DOING that I seem to naturally behave like...Sobrity is soooo wonderful and I am grateful for every single day of it !!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Living a life of ease

Excellent,thank you. Bx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Living a life of ease

Best,
              Thank you for that thoughtful post. Really inspirational.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Living a life of ease

Good post. I got a call this afternoon that I have obtained a permit for improving my property that I have sought for five years. Wow. It never would have happened if I hadn't done my recent appeal with a clear head and honest faith that the process would work for me.

Comment

Living a life of ease

Hiya Best,
                  What you say is true, and has been true for me. Well put.
                  Boss, yep, you are right. When i am true to myself, not lying, but facing life, and having a real honest, fair dinkum crack at improving myself, and having faith in me, you just 'ask', and the universe, or whatever, provides. Simple really! ;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                  X