X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWENTY BUCKS!

$20.00

Sometimes we just need to be reminded!

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, ' Who would like this $20 bill? Hands started going up. He said, I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this?. He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, ' Who still wants it? ' Still the hands were up in the air. Well, he replied, ' What if I do this? ' And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. ' Now, who still wants it? ' Still the hands went into the air.

?My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE and WHOSE WE ARE.

?You are special. Don't EVER forget it.
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

TWENTY BUCKS!

love it lori
    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Thank you Lori! This post is something I needed to read right now. We all must keep telling ourselves this.

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

lorisunshine,

Great post!

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Lori, sometimes my dad feels like that in the nursing home. I shall put that in his father's day card. Thanks!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Great post lori! Thanks
            Starting over again
            ray:

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Wonderful and how very true!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

What a powerful message!
                Thanks Lori.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Thanks Lori, that was a great reminder
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

TWENTY BUCKS!

Thanx Lori, good reminder. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                    X