Best Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Advice.

To anyone who wants to stay off alcohol, this works for me lately best.
    Don't even think about it. You know how you can be laying around at nite, or driving and think about having a cocktail? These are the worst thoughts in the world for anyone trying to STOP.

Stay away from topics that talk about Drinking. It can drive you crazy. Move your mind onto a complete different level of thinking. Yup, i am eating at times way too much, but thats okay, as long as i am not reaching for trouble, i did myself a favour.

Relaxation, take it slow, let the little things ride, will get them done. Don't expect to much from yourself, and do the best we can each and every day to be positive.

An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Best Advice.

Isn't it great when you find something that's working for you! Congrats on your progress - sounds like you're doing well!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Best Advice.

I think I am different. For the past four hours I wanted to smoke so bad, but I keep pushing it out of my mind, thinking that if I just ignored it, it will go away. Finally I was going to break down and go find one, but then I closed my eyes and pictured myself smoking that ugly little fag and said to myself, "Does that little shit really have that much power over you? Are you really this helpless?" And the craving finally went away. My cravings for booze and cigs go hand in hand. If I can beat the smokes with imagery, I know I can with beer.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Best Advice.

Smoking is something I can conquer yet. Have to get the al under control first. Definitely want to stop soon though. Sick of wheezing everytime I lay down. Glad for you that you can do it.
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

Best Advice.

I didn't even plan on quitting smoking. I ran out Monday morning (my first day AF), and decided that I had to give it a shot. There's no way I will drink if I give up the cigs because I HAVE to smoke when I drink, and it is now starting to get to the point where I have to drink when I smoke. They are the best of buddies those cigs and beer; they can go hang out together without me.
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Best Advice.

I am new, so what do I know, but all I think is...

I want it.
            I WANT it.
            I WANT IT!
            (AF, that is)
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Best Advice.

Been so busy! So busy i was promoted at work to another level. My job, energy is important, so that means i can move up to another position. Yippie.

Well today a co-worker was a bit fussy, so i replied, hey there, i ate a 1/2 of cabbage before i came in so beware, if i get cramps you'll know it. So calm down, the day is young.

Now, i am home finally relaxing, reading everyones whoas here for just a second and then off to sleep for another brutal day at the shop.

God if i was into drinking none of this could be possible.

Glad to be here, my feet hurt instead of my head.

:thanks:
              An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
              X