Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Thurs 18th June

Hi Everyone
    I have got back from dropping my 2 boys at school just in time as it has just started to pour down with rain.
    Well I have'nt been in the best of moads lately but I am a bit brighter today, I am going out to lunch with some girls from my boys school so I am really looking forward to that, it means I get away from these 4 walls for a change!!!
    I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday
    Love ronnie xx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Hi Ronnie.

I'm pleased to hear you are feeling a bit brighter today.

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Melbourne and I feel fantastic!!!

Enjoy your lunch. It will do you good.

Brett.
    Alcohol Free Since July 1 2009.

My Sobriety Blog
    (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Hi Ronnie and TTLML.

Ronnie - I totally get what you mean about the '4 walls'. One of the big differences I noticed when I was AF was that I went out a lot more. Even if it was just to food shop, I spent a lot less time sitting down, staring into space.

Happy Thursday!
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice bat, Betts! How cute.
        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

He's be even cuter if he'd leave! We haven't handled him much, but he's still pretty attached. That's Mr Sweats hand so it gives you an idea of size.....
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi all - Betty, Batty is too cute for words. I don't know anyone who has a pet bat. Go on ... let him stay ...

Good day here so far - just finished the first mow of the year. Only did the house block, I'll start the rest of the 14acres at the beginning of July.

I thought I'd fixed my possum problem by boarding up any possible entry points but found a pile of small possum poo so I figure there's some fat mamma possum shoving her kids through the cracks. "Squeeze through there Petey and run down and pinch a bit of cat food".

Shas re yesterday's thread - should we all try for a Next Day chat tomorrow? What time would suit everyone? Between 5 & 6pm is my best time.

Ronnie, hope your lunch was good; Brett, great to see you here and LilBit, thanks for visiting.

Back outside for me - the weather's so nice.

Comment

Hello Everybody

It is a lovely rainy day here! I so wish I was at home.

As far as chat is it's my little darling grandaughter Skye's 2 year old birthday today! I will post a pic of her! So will be busy tonight so could I have a raincheck?

Betty I think baby bats are adorable, but went to the Botanical Gardens in Sydney a few weeks ago and was walking through the rainforest walk and thought it was sprinkling with rain looked up and all the trees were covered in bats and they were weeing on us! Yuck and the smell!!!!Apparently they are having a real problem in the gardens trying to get rid of them!

Ronnie hope you enjoyed your lunch it is good for you to have your girly time!

Hey Brett the weather can be 4 seasons in one day in Melbourne from memory. Love the place.

Tawny with those possums "where there is a will there is a way". We have a park at the back of our place and at dusk the little buggers walk or thump actually over our roof walk along the wires from our home to the telegraph poles in the front. They then decide to have a party in the trees that are level with our bedroom and I think alcohol is involved because then they fight and it sounds like a saw movie! Sometimes you hear a shriek and I turn on the light and 1 or 2 have fallen out the tree and are waddling down the driveway!

Take Care everybody. I had a glitch last night but you know what? It is all good!
              Shas
              Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Hello beautiful people,
                Well, my eldest brother and I are busy knocking a wall down in our apartment before we move in there. I can feel some red tape issues coming on...oh joy...
                And I got a call from my other brother last night - he's been very depressed lately - saying he didn't think he would last the night. He'd been up to North Head (very high cliffs) and climbed over the fence, threw a stick over...then climbed back and called me.
                Mr Cakes & I went over to his place and let him talk for about 2 hrs, he was much better after that. But I was terrified really

xo

Comment

Sorry 'bout this, posting in bits as I keep losing posts...

Betty the bat is very cute & Shas, I can't wait to walk through the Botanic Gardens...might take an umbrella though!
                  Time, LilBit, Tawny *wave*
                  Ronnie - good stuff for keeping the Next Day dream alive.

xo

Comment

ronnie;638465 wrote: Hi Everyone
                    I have got back from dropping my 2 boys at school just in time as it has just started to pour down with rain.
                    Well I have'nt been in the best of moads lately but I am a bit brighter today, I am going out to lunch with some girls from my boys school so I am really looking forward to that, it means I get away from these 4 walls for a change!!!
                    I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday
                    Love ronnie xx
                    hi ronnie our moods can really make are day,i do hope you have fun with the ladies from the school,i thot id take some time and look thro as many threads as possible,i beleive its nice to be a part of a group,where we no were not the only ones struggling,have a wonderful day gyco

Comment

Evening all!
                      Hope the day has been wonderful, as it draw's to a close. I hope your brother is ok Angel. I'm no expert, but it might be a good sign that he called you at that moment.
                      Sleep well everyone................

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am taking a Walgreens class where I learn all about costumer service and stuff. And today we are taking a field trip to a Hy-Vee that I don't usually go to. I have been there, but its not the closest one to where we live so we don't go there very often.

But no matter what, I will not drink today.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X