Found Huge Wolf spider...

Hey, Cat

Probably not a good idea to ask this question on a scary thread :H:H:H

Is that you in your new Avatar?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Dear Sweet Betty: Huntsmen look like Tarantillas (Actually they are). But their idea of a good time is to suck a wasp. Just watch out for the Redbacks (Black Widow family)
      Long Road
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
      Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Cat
        I think u put up one of the best posts I've seen. I was very moved
        Long Road
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

No Tip. Cat is the lady in the right of my avatar
          Long Road
          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hey Tip ... that is me. I've been here 2+ years ... may as well come clean - I am not really a cat ..
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Long Road, thank you .... and *bwwwaaahahahahahaha* re. the lady in the right of your avatar .. I wish! LOL.

Comment

42cat;657415 wrote: Hey Tip ... that is me. I've been here 2+ years ... may as well come clean - I am not really a cat ..
                Hey - what happened to your pic - you reminded me of Enya. And now you're a cat again?

I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Had second thoughts of using a real photo on a public forum ... So then I hunted around for a new avatar -- it was between the cat in a tree .. and Batman and/or Robin .... I'm may switch to Robin .. something about those tights ... meow.

Comment

Well - I was surprised that "my" spider stirred things up so much!

To let you know what happened: after he Suddenly jumped out of closet near my computer desk (I think I just Froze!), he scooted back into closet. I have NO idea where he is now, but I have spray sitting on desk at the ready.

After googling, he may be a Wood Spider - Wolf Spider seems too small!! He is probably a good 4-5 inches from leg to leg...

While I agree that spiders are good in the sense that they eat other icky bugs like mosquitos... I challenge anyone to "capture" this monster! If I see him again, he will be sprayed senseless. I've had a couple in here before, and spray doesn't kill them. They just curl up and when you go to scoop up in paper towel, they REVIVE!!

Now, my cat is very good about keeping lizards out of here. She places the stunned lizard at entryway as a present for me... I then can take out where they scurry off. Glad she doesn't kill them. I think they're actually cute, and they don't/can't hurt you. WHY won't she do that with spider??? I would give her a Very special treat!

I just wish I knew where the thing is hiding. What will probably happen is that I will get complacent, forget he's here, and THEN he'll jump out when I'm least expecting it!! :spider: OMG. I hope my heart can take it...

(Oh, and Overit - I would be more than happy to let you have him for Your pet! N. would probably love him... )

UGH.
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Eeeek, I am totally creeped out ..... and that little spidey icon is making me feel squidgy .... *shiver!*

Hope you find that sucker soon .... I don't think I'd be able to sleep!

Comment

Now spiders are ok they wont kill you...... keep the flies away !!!! here is one of those suckers the soliders in iraq had to deal with NOW thats a spider follow the link if you dare whooo haaaaaaaaaa......Camel Spider THE Picture everyone is talking about.
                        Banned

Comment

Groooooooooooooosssss! And, of course, I just had to Google "camel spider" ..... and got further creeped out .. lol.

And then I found this:
                          http://www.rvgould.uconn.edu/week2_files/image033.jpg

How'd you like to wake up with THAT on your face?!

Comment

Oh, and Boss - I have a good imagination, but comparing that "thing" to kittens in any way is just beyond my capabilities. I guess I have to admit to my... limitations!

PS - I STILL haven't had the courage to open that closet door. Good thing it's kind of an "extra" closet... Unless he shows himself, that door may very well never be opened again! He's probably not even there... maybe he's lurking under my bed!?? eeky: Or maybe just under the rim of toilet? OK - I'm really creeping myself out now. However, toilets will be carefully examined before sitting! :upset:
                            Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Ohhhh, Cat - did you HAVE to go there???

Comment

OMG all my hairs on my body are stood up on end did you REALLY have that in your house - I'd have lept on it and squashed it immediately - this is not a concious reaction it just happens - urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pfffffffffffffffffftttt I am so so so so scared of spiders

Comment

Working...
                                X