FL Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FL Storms

I know that living in Florida one should expect bad storms, but tonite they are worse than I can remember in a long time. Maybe it is becasue I am not used to being here alone. The EX took the younger son on a vacation. He is having the time of his life and no doubt will wonder why his Mom does not take him on the same type of trip. Older son is staying at his Dad's to take care of the animals. So here I am. I can not stop thinking about hurricane Frances that destroyed my house and left us homeless for months. I am sitting here scared and hoping this too will pass. I think I need to stop being afraid of being alone. I wonder how one does that. Ok, I am going to wait out this storm!!

FL Storms

Time, I love my solitude. It takes a while, but treat yourself as tho this is your vacation, and pamper yourself silly - bubble baths, late sleep-in, no cooking. And come here if you get too scared or lonely.
    Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

FL Storms

time2change;668088 wrote: I know that living in Florida one should expect bad storms, but tonite they are worse than I can remember in a long time. Maybe it is becasue I am not used to being here alone. The EX took the younger son on a vacation. He is having the time of his life and no doubt will wonder why his Mom does not take him on the same type of trip. Older son is staying at his Dad's to take care of the animals. So here I am. I can not stop thinking about hurricane Frances that destroyed my house and left us homeless for months. I am sitting here scared and hoping this too will pass. I think I need to stop being afraid of being alone. I wonder how one does that. Ok, I am going to wait out this storm!!
      It will be over soon. The weather is DRAMATIC here..for sure.
      It's part of getting used to Florida climate that was hard for me in the beginning. I was born in the buffalo area so as you can imagine it was snow NOT lightening or hurricanes that I was used to.
      I went to help clean up after Katrina and I will never forget that.......never.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

FL Storms

Hurricane Andrew

Time I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew. I was single then...before husband and kids. My apatment was condemned. I couldn't get to my belongings for a week and by the time I did, most were ruined. Curl up with a book...a good storm can be soothing, not scarey. It is rare in Florida that a storm do damage.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

FL Storms

OMG, I remeber these days... I lived in Suart when both Francis and Jeanine hit. Not fun, but not life threathning, unless you work for Wheather Channel...
          "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

FL Storms

hey time you know where you can find me anytime look me up girl friend ..
            this storm will pass and now we dont have to water the grass..
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

FL Storms

Did the storm pass? All is calm here : )
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

FL Storms

Time,

I am sorry you are feeling lonely and afraid.

As everyone else says, try to enjoy your solitude. Learn to embrace it.

I spend a lot of time by myself in hotel rooms, etc. I have learned to kind of like it and then when I get to be home with hubby and the grandkids come over, it is very special.

I hope the storms have passed and you are feeling better.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

FL Storms

Time2,

Hope you are feeling stronger now after weathering the storm! I have been up in the mountains for a week hiking, but my son told me all about it... he got a little scared himself while holding down the fort!
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

FL Storms

Time,

Sorry to hear about your fears. I was born and raised in South Florida. We were here for Frances and Wilma. I was out of town when Jeanne hit but my parents were here and it was Hell for them. I really hope that we have an uneventful hurricane season this year and that these storms will be the worst that we see. It can be depressing at times when the weather is so crappy. I have been trying to make the best of it. We have a patio that overlooks a lake and doesn't let the rain in, sometimes it's nice to sit outside and watch the storm. I used to be afraid, but it can be peaceful too. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                    X