Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there treatment centers out there with limited cost or are free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I need more help than trying to just quit on my own and I don't have the money to spend on what one would call a traditional treatment center.

Do counties offer treatment that is low cost for those of us with limited resources? I "fell of the wagon" so to speak and think I need professional help that I cannot afford.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Sosad..there are treatment centers out there. Im not sure in your area. I live in Delaware and there is a place called the Limen house. You have to get Detoxed first. but the Limen house provides free drug and alcohol treatment, helps to get jobs etc feeds and clothes people ..you earn the right to get a job ...i think they are called halfway houses. i have met alot of people from limen houses from AA and in fact have become really good friends with a woman who works there through AA. a woman who i was best friends with in highschool is now married to a man who went through the program and i have heard countless people say that they have been clean and sober for many many years because of the program. i just think you can find a place in your area like this.

Comment

Limen House - A Threshold to Recovery

i just checked..they are called halfway houses

Comment

Thank you cacky.. Your avatar cracks me up..
        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Hi Sosad, I'm pretty sure that if you call the Salvation Army they can refer you to a place where you can get services at little to no cost. SA may even have a program itself. At least they did when I lived in San Francisco. I guess I'd start with your local SA and go from there. Also, if you have a local crisis line that would be a good place to start too. Good luck! Hang in there! We're all backing you here.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Sosad,

Yes there are. I know that where I live there is one and the money was very little. In the hundreds of dollars, not thousands.

I will Google and see if I can find some.

In what state do you live?

Hang in there. Chin up.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks all. I live in Fort Worth, Texas...

Comment

He Sosad, I googled on rehab centers in FW, TX and the Salvation Army came up.

Here is their website and phone number:

www.salvationarmy.org - (817) 344-1831
                ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Here's another one Sosad...

Volunteers of America LIGHT Program
                  Substance Abuse Services
                  2841 Avenue H
                  Fort Worth TX 76105
                  Phone: (817) 535-8047

Primary Focus: Substance abuse treatment services

Services Provided: Substance abuse treatment, Halfway house

Type of Care: Residential short-term treatment (30 days or less), Residential long-term treatment (more than 30 days), Outpatient

Special Programs/Groups: Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders, Persons with HIV/AIDS, Pregnant/postpartum women, Women, Residential beds for clients' children

Payment Accepted: Self payment

Payment Assistance: Sliding fee scale based on income and other factors, Payment assistance
                  ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Sosad,

Look at this group!! We've got your back.

Changed, thank you. You are awesome.

Sosad, having been to rehab twice (sigh), I would recommend you look into long term. 30 days inpatient and 60 days halfway house. Just think about it. It takes a lot of time and effort to get away from alcohol and 90 days is a real start. 30 days is just a bit more than detox.

We know what you are going through. We really do.

Call the numbers Changed gave you so you can take a real step towards taking your life back.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;668448 wrote: Sosad,

Look at this group!! We've got your back.

Changed, thank you. You are awesome.

Sosad, having been to rehab twice (sigh), I would recommend you look into long term. 30 days inpatient and 60 days halfway house. Just think about it. It takes a lot of time and effort to get away from alcohol and 90 days is a real start. 30 days is just a bit more than detox.

We know what you are going through. We really do.

Call the numbers Changed gave you so you can take a real step towards taking your life back.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      Thanks, Cinders. I know where to look for rehabs, considering I've been in 6 or 7 and 2 of them just this year!

Sosad, I hope you are hanging in there my friend. It's tough to be where you are and you deserve and happy and healthy life. Hugs.
                      ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

In my area the Salvation has free rehabs. You must be sober when you enter. Programs last anywhere from six months to a year depending how long it takes you to complete their criteria. You live there, work there and they provide 3 meals a day and doctor care if need be.
                        Starting over again
                        ray:

Comment

Thank you so very much! It's tougher than hell. At least I've cut down somewhat, but the shakes and weakness (horrible). Just horrible.

Comment

Working...
                          X