Hi to everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to everyone

hope you are all doing ok. I have been researching l-tryptophan, as a lot of you use it as a sleeping aid, and if you read my posts, this is a major problem for me. My question is can I get this on prescription here in the uk, if not does anyone in the uk know where I could buy it?
    Hope you can help.:thanks:

Hi to everyone

Can't help a bit w/that Robyn, but did want to say 'Good Morning!'.
    Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi to everyone

Robyn,

In the US you can once again buy L-Tryptophan at a health food store. Not sure in Europe. It was banned for a while when some batches were tainted with something that caused illness and death. It turned out it was not the L-Tryptophan but something else in the batches.

You can ask at your local health food store.

There is also Melatonin, Calmes Forte, Valerian Root, 5-HTP (or something like it.)

I am sure others can chime in about what has helped them.

I also have a script for a med called Trazadone. I only take it prn and prefer not to take it because it does cause me to awaken with a bit of the fuzzy-headedness that sleeping pills do. However, sleep has been elusive for me for years and I know without a doubt a huge trigger for me and my drinking. So, I would rather wake up a little fuzzy-headed than hungover. Try to avoid Ambien, Lunesta and those, as they are addictive. Trazadone is okayed by my rehab as non-addictive and fine for alcoholics.

Okay. I've rambled enough. Others can help, too. Sleep is a serious issue for us drinkers, especially in the early days. It WILL get better as you get more sobriety under your belt.

HTH,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi to everyone

Hi Robyn,

Sleep is an issue for me too. I take melatonin and there is this OTC thing called Sleep Aide that works too. I do have Lunesta, which works the best for me, but I confess that it is addictive so unless your insomnia is bad, I wouldn't recommend it.

Good day to you and Hello! Hope you find something that works soon.
        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Hi to everyone

thanks everyone, lots there for me to try,ill try and get some of these tomorrow.:thanks:

Comment

Hi to everyone

Hi Robyn,
            I don't have any trouble sleeping as I take Antabuse, which tends to make you drowsy, and have great sleeps but I do take some suppliments on and off the best of which for me is Milk Thistle. I can feel the cleansing effects on my liver. I really "does what it says on the can." I'm out of it just now. I'll have to go and get some.

Comment

Working...
            X