WAAAA !!! My computer is sooo slow !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody, I've not fallen off the earth or anything it's just that my computer for some reason has started working at only 16.8 Kbps.... whatever that means I do not know except that before it was at 33 and we thought that was slow!... It literally took my a half hour to get to this sight and type this... I'm afraid until we find out what is going on with my compter I'll not be dropping by.. How I wish we could get high speed out in the country here.
    Anyhow, I've been busy out in the garden and we finially got a nice warm day today. I've just finished my barnchores and have to get up early tomorrow so I'll just make this short and sweet.
    How I wish I could come here more often but right now it doesn't seem possible... It's as though my screen freezes for about 4 or 5 minutes between any tiny little task... Just opening up MWO took my around 15 minutes .. gosh darn it !!
    Well, know that I think of you all, Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Nibs,

So sorry about the computer.

But, many, many thanks for logging in and letting us know you are okay.

Love you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi spygoat-

Call you service provider. You have a big problem! Why don't you get an USB aircard? You would have faster speeds from a wireless provider if you cannot get DSL.

Good to see you.

Comment

I hate it when that happens! Could be a trojan virus or just an old computer....good luck with that!
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

Hey nibs! Maybe it just needs some housecleaning done. Disk clean up and defragment. That stuff is in system tools in accessories. Hope it gets sorted out soon, I'll miss you being around.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Niblet nice to hear from you. I know it might be two days before you read this but it sounds like an ISP problem. I signed up for unlimited up and downloads at 24GB which was the fastest available. When it slowed right up I contacted them only to be told they had throttled us back due to overuse and pointed out the fair usage policy. Turns out there was a fault on the line and everything was constatly trying to reload as it flip on and off. Just a suggestion, but I would defo start with your provider.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I MISS YOU!!!!

I sure do miss seeing you here...love you tons....
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hello everybody, thanks so much for your suggestions and kindness xxx
                We've kept up with defragging and even call the service provider... They seem to feel that the speed we have is adequate... hmmm...
                USB aircard lucky??? Any info on how to get that as we do not have any kind of highspeed. We even tried to get "Yak communications" and were not able as we are too far from the nearest server.
                I'd love to check out that USB aircard though... thank guys !!! xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                X