husbands anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

husbands anger

Need, I know this is going to make some of my MWO friends angry at me but i am going to tell this. I have a controlling husband who i left. He yelled at me for drinking among other things. Dont you know i have been very agreeable lately and yes i do pay the mortgage on the house i dont live at plus the rent on the house i do live at. ok i said that. so i wrote him a letter today because i was feeling really taken advantage of (he hasnt seen me drunk in months)..i should add that he has 2 cars and 2 motorcycles..he was supposed to sell something. anyway i digress. so i wrote him a letter which was really just letting him know that i was feeling taken advantage of and he yelled at me again.

Need...yelling husbands yell over anything and they continue to yell drinking or not. good or bad. my yelling husband is about to find himself on the street.

Comment

husbands anger

Power to you, Cack .... Yelling = out of control .. of something ...... Retain your control and show Mr. who's boss.
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

husbands anger

All I'm saying is if he has always been verbally aggressive like that from the start then yes it's wrong. However, if his behaviour has changed as the drinking problem has played out then it could be because he is under stress/strain about it too.

This is a 'family' illness and affects everyone close to you. Either way getting sober and taking control is a major step towards resolving this situation.

The closest relationship a problem drinker/alcoholic will ever have is with the bottle, and that's a hard one to swallow. No pun intended.

Comment

husbands anger

Hello there,
          I agree with UKblonde. Being nasty is never the right behavior. However, if you stop drinking he can't get mad at you for that anymore. Our spouses freak out over our drinking because the path ahead terrifies them. Also, when we are trying to quit, all they think about is their fear that we are going back, and how aweful that will be. So in my case it took about a week of being AF, showing I was commited, before DH believed me and became more supportive. Don't let his fears drive you to drink. If you get control of yourself, then at a later time you can deal with the real issues. But until you are healthy the drinking is just an obstacle.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

husbands anger

Tulipe

A week! I'm a binge drinker and could often go 7-10 days without a drink, followed by 2 days of mayhem. I've also often managed 3 weeks and once 8.

So my target for everyone around me is 3 months before I feel anyone, including myself will take my AF time seriously.

It's a long time believe me.

Comment

Working...
            X